Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
does the carview support portrait mode?
no, it does not
but you don't need a portrait car mode, because it is meant to be used when a n900 is put in a holding rack, and it is usually horizontally (am i wright?)

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Depends. My car mount rotates, and I prefer Twimgo in portrait. The stock media player struggles in portrait mode.

Does the OMP portrait mode not suffice though?

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

omp portrait is ok, but buttons are small for use in car (for example)... :P

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
no, it does not
but you don't need a portrait car mode, because it is meant to be used when a n900 is put in a holding rack, and it is usually horizontally (am i wright?)
Usually yes, but not in my case. My car holder supports the phone of my girlfriend and my n900, but only portrait.

hmm... didn't see that kind of holders, but ok!

back on topic: than it would be ok to have portrait mode for car view...

ok, one more thing, i don't know why, but all ui is unresponsive in some way... i need to tap twice something and scrolling is sometime... well, not scrolling, etc....

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
hmm... didn't see that kind of holders, but ok!

back on topic: than it would be ok to have portrait mode for car view...

ok, one more thing, i don't know why, but all ui is unresponsive in some way... i need to tap twice something and scrolling is sometime... well, not scrolling, etc....
It's called universal holder

Would like to have it in portrait mode.

That's strange, does it happen all the time and is it only OMP that is unresponsive? Although I didn't experience anything like that, it's possible that it's been accidentally fixed, as there were lots of changes under the hood since the last build.

I wanted to finish up a few things before posting this, but that report of unresponsiveness keeps me wondering if it still occurs. Here goes the simplified changelog (full is always here):
  • Indicator in the bottom right hides when the playlist is empty (but from time to time it appears when it shouldn't, overlapping the searchbox).
  • Instant opening of Now Playing window after the first time.
  • Song time counter goes higher than 59:59.
  • Fixed Now Playing window sometimes not displaying metadata in the list.
  • It seems rock stable. If you can crash it, make sure you let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110915.tar.gz (324.4 KB, 116 views)

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
mmmm in now playing, it doesn't show playlist... i don't know if some one else is experiencing this....

still some parts are nor responsive enough.... (maybe it is something to do with a way it is executed as an app - via sh ....)

On first load the playlist was blank, but after tapping through the lyrics and single display it was populated. The program is stil lvery slow and laggy when dealing with large lists of songs. When first opening the music section of the player, if i select "all songs" from the menu and then start typing the name of a song to search for it, it is incredibly slow and laggy. the "all songs" list contains ~4600 mp3s. I don't expect miracles, but it is much faster and more responsive in the original media player. Once my list of filtered music comes up, the UI is slow to display the hold-menu for adding a single track to the now playing list.

On the plus side, searching for a song no longer makes the app complete unresponsive and require a forced close from the power key. So progress is being made. It's just still very laggy if you have a large library in general. Heaven help you if you accidentally add all 4600 songs to "now playing". It takes several minutes before it does anything and begins playing. And after that if it is on random it can pause for as much as 20 seconds before playing the next song.

In the "now playing" playlist, tapping a song does not play the song, as in mediaplayer. I have to select it, then press play. double tapping, triple, etc. doesn't get it to start. i have to hit the play button. Making a double tap to play would be fine (as sometime i get annoyed in mediaplayer by it thinking a scroll swipe is a tap and starting a song), but i don't like having to select the song and then move my finger to another button to get it to start playing.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
I also noticed a higher cpu usage than the stock media player.
Play a track, stay in the now playing window, execute top: the mediaplayer uses 7-10% of the cpu (the stock media player is at 2-3%).
Leaving the player on the list window drops the % usage of the cpu to 3-4%

I don't know if this is the cause (I didn't make any test):
Code:
connect(positionTimer, SIGNAL(timeout()), mafwrenderer, SLOT(getPosition()));
Tha player is asking for the current time every second. It would be probably better to just add one second to the current position on the timer timeout and ask the renderer for the current position only when the state changes (play/pause/stop).

For the music window performance: I think that using a ListView/TableView and QAbstractListModel/QAbstractTableModel would be a lot faster than a QListWidget.

Just my two cents.

Other than that, many thanks for all the work and efforts in developing this player.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse