Active Topics

Keep in the n900 .. it is the last and best resistive screen device.. at times.. resistive screen does help

Originally Posted by Loz View Post
No USB problem here this phone is well looked after!!

Loz.
Dude, he wasnt asking if you DO have an USB problem. He was suggesting you GET one, return the N900 to Nokia (under warranty), get an BRAND NEW E7 and take it from there.

However if it was found you were intentionally braeking the last of the n900s, we on this forum will hunt you down. We will hunt you down and kill you.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
The only reason i got my n900 was for the keyboard for texting. The only reason i've kept it is because of the keyboard and conversations app. Everything else i have no real interest in.

The n900 may be behind, but think about what you use it most for and then look for the next best alternative based on that.
Totally agree..!!. I use mine in its holder in the car for Streaming radio 5live or flac tracks.. the odd satnav and the odd bookface! and tweet book!! lol. but yes the keyboard was one of my main reqiurements..and I agree the size compared to phones of today is quiet big but that dont faze me. I want a phone that works now.. and every time I need it.

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Dude, he wasnt asking if you DO have an USB problem. He was suggesting you GET one, return the N900 to Nokia (under warranty), get an BRAND NEW E7 and take it from there.

However if it was found you were intentionally braeking the last of the n900s, we on this forum will hunt you down. We will hunt you down and kill you.
Oh my miss reading...Sorry.. anyway send it back to nokia? too much like hard work. And as for hunting me down lol... Hahahaha... come and get me punk lollollol...

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.

www.vacrite.co.uk

...camera woudnt open... so I had to restart! so ok thats a good 3mins to come to ready and guess what? camera opened but wouldnt work so i have to restart again!!!.

Question is, is it me or is it the N900?
Ooh, I'd say it is definately you..

Originally Posted by maemouser1 View Post

Ooh, I'd say it is definately you..
Its not me!

www.vacrite.co.uk

Don't scary people with thread titles like that - for a moment, I thought You're going to jump from somewhere, or whatsnot.

Anyway, if You got such "problems" when taking photos, it's Your (user) fault, not N900 one. Really - no offense, but - it seems that You're too much behind, not others. So, maybe in fact You should get other device, and sell N900 to someone more competent. Now, it looks like You're admiring people with pocket calculators, and blaming computer in Your hand for letting You instal sh|t and breaking funcionality. And telling us, that calculators are ahead because of that. No, thank You.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
and get a phone that does all this one does but quicky and smoothly.
Loz. (Not too happy).
get a digital camera with optical zoom for photos
anyway you will see you will never have that problem again in your life with any phone

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Hmmm were to start!. Over the last few weeks ive been looking at the new Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II Black and today really cemented it for me. The N900 is a work of art, but only if you want to keep tweeking the software and app to go with it.

I went to the wedding of a good friend today and was blown away by how far behind the N900 now is. As far as Im conderned my phone is well upto date but when the bride and groom left the church for photos it all started, camera woudnt open... so I had to restart! so ok thats a good 3mins to come to ready and guess what? camera opened but wouldnt work so i have to restart again!!!. by this time Ive missed the bride and groom photos and even the bridesmadies and familes.. and I look arround me and everyone has HTC's and Iphones are snapping away like mad!.. so eventually I get the N900 going and all the good opertunities are gone for ever!. Mu mrs looked at me and said get a proper phone and stop playing with that toy! your 43 years old not 14. And with that she pulled out her Iphone4 and started snapping away.

Anyway long story short it made me think rreal hard.. its time for me to move up the ladder and get a phone that does all this one does but quicky and smoothly.

I will keep my N900 I think as its in A1 condition and scratch free...or I may sell it for a tidy sum!! but one thing is for sure... I will be looking at a new phone very soon and Nokia has nothing to cover the N900 as yet!! well not in my high st anyway, Question is, is it me or is it the N900?

Watch this space.

Loz. (Not too happy).
Get an iphone. You will be amazed. It works

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Don't scary people with thread titles like that - for a moment, I thought You're going to jump from somewhere, or whatsnot.

Anyway, if You got such "problems" when taking photos, it's Your (user) fault, not N900 one. Really - no offense, but - it seems that You're too much behind, not others. So, maybe in fact You should get other device, and sell N900 to someone more competent. Now, it looks like You're admiring people with pocket calculators, and blaming computer in Your hand for letting You instal sh|t and breaking funcionality. And telling us, that calculators are ahead because of that. No, thank You.

/Estel
What an incompetent post. This has happened to me with N900 many times. You tried to get camera to shoot, and it takes forever to switch in the right mode. Missed many moments that looked memorable. All that N900 is good is typing and browser