Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
For me, stock player only loads the first song and I can't even play it, but I guess that doesn't matter, because now OMP supports it. Shuffling should work too, if the player is set to shuffle.
Starting a playlist directly now crashes OMP immediately with this error:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Sorry

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I get segfault when I try to delete an album. Maybe something to look into.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
For me, stock player only loads the first song and I can't even play it, but I guess that doesn't matter, because now OMP supports it. Shuffling should work too, if the player is set to shuffle.

Ooops... All the themes I have installed have gray as the secondary color and I didn't know about a few places to check out. Hopefully this time everything's alright.

To sum up:
  • Support for opening M3U playlists.
  • Removed more hardcoded colors.
  • Small adjustments to the look of "Now playing" window.
  • Radio playback starts automatically.
Maybe it is a good idea to look at osso-calculator CSSU replacement here, lines
Code:
#ifdef Q_WS_MAEMO_5
        if ( name.at(0).isDigit() || name == "calc_bv_tr_decimal" )
                setObjectName("HILDON-WIDGET-hildon-accent-button");
        else
                setObjectName("HILDON-WIDGET-hildon-button-stylus");
#endif
By setting objectName to something which starts with HILDON-WIDGET- you are automatically applying hildon theme for that widget. Of course one needs to have CSSU installed this to take effect

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
sorry for a noob question, i wanted to try this from a long time, but i dont know how to.. so can anybody tell me how to install this, i.e tar.gz file, is there a method to convert it to .deb, if anyone can help me it would be great... thanks.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Anyone experiencing not saved settings with the latest gidzzz's version (haven't tried any other version tbh)?

Edit: Running omp as root saves settings. I think it is a permissions problem, as first run was as root. Anyone knows where omp keeps it's settings?

Edit 2: It gets the settings from /root/.config/MohammadAG/mediaplayer.conf but it seems that without running the app as root from terminal it is not accessible (makes sense if running as user, but I think that running an app from menu gives it root access...) Will try to investigate further...

Edit 3: Copied manually mediaplayer.conf from root to user and works fine!

Last edited by cruster; 2011-09-28 at 21:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to cruster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Is the source of this in git, either in the mainline or as a merge request?
His merge requests were pulled into mainline

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
By setting objectName to something which starts with HILDON-WIDGET- you are automatically applying hildon theme for that widget. Of course one needs to have CSSU installed this to take effect
I don't get what's the real benefit of this. Wouldn't I still need to get the secondary color from QMaemo5Style::standardColor() and assign it to a text, just like it is done now?

Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Starting a playlist directly now crashes OMP immediately
I followed your instructions from this thread and also tested with FileBox, but I'm unable to reproduce that.

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
can u fix the sharing and delete options in video player...
Probably.

and can an equalizer added...?
That's been already asked and answered here a few times... This application doesn't do any playback on its own, so it's not a place for an equalizer.

the video plays and when it is finished the song that we were firstly playing starts automatically playing from start...
Is this happening with others too...?
Yes, I'll look into that.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
sorry for a noob question, i wanted to try this from a long time, but i dont know how to.. so can anybody tell me how to install this, i.e tar.gz file, is there a method to convert it to .deb, if anyone can help me it would be great... thanks.
Is this post sufficient: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=288 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I don't get what's the real benefit of this. Wouldn't I still need to get the secondary color from QMaemo5Style::standardColor() and assign it to a text, just like it is done now?
Most probably not, depends on the case. It is not only about the colors, hildon themes use graphics too. So you can just check what gtkrc style is used for each widget in stock MP and use the same, without parsing resource files and including support for every possible theme. And have in mind that when user changes the theme, OMP will immediately use new shapes/frames/colors/graphics/etc. Another benefit is that sapwood(hildon theme engine) caches images, so no extra memory is needed, while loading pixmaps from QT wastes memory. Try it , you will see it is very useful. And 99 percent of the code related to themes is removed.

NOTE - for now only QPushButton, QCheckBox and similar(all buttons in general) support this feature. If it is not enough and you think you will need additional widgets to support this(QLabel?), PM me, I will implement such support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cruster View Post
Anyone experiencing not saved settings with the latest gidzzz's version (haven't tried any other version tbh)?
Yes, I've noticed the same problem.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
Yes, I've noticed the same problem.
I've edited my post with a solution. Try this:
Run mediaplayer as root, save some settings and exit. Then run this as root:
Code:
mkdir /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/
cp -f /root/.config/MohammadAG/mediaplayer.conf /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/
ignore folder exists error on first command.

Last edited by cruster; 2011-09-29 at 07:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to cruster For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse