Active Topics

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by Bad_Habit View Post
Can someone please point me to a working boot.scr for Kubuntu? I actually mean the right bootargs value.

My setup is Meego CE on external sd + Kubuntu on mmcblk1p5. I'm struggling with u-boot command line, no luck so far - after copying uImage, System.map, etc. to mmcblk1p5 and ext2load mmc 1:5 0x82000000 /uImage it just says Loading image and nothing happens.

I am completely noob with u-boot, tell me the right way to run Kubuntu from custom partition please (if someone managed that).
Did you read posts about boot.scr on the 6th page? Hope they can help It is 0:1 in the Kubuntu image, does Meego contains 1:# ? (I didn't check it when tested it).

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-09-26 at 09:36.

Also, there is a good new KDE option for limited resources:
kubuntu-low-fat-settings package.
I will check it some time later and add to the scripts or confirm that it's installed in the armel image. But you are welcome to check it ASAP

P.S. As long as SGX-drivers was not working as I expected, I'm going to comment relevant lines in the new scripts. But only after fresh testing with fresh images.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Looks like the oneiric-preinstalled-mobile-armel+omap.img.gz image was corrupted
Can you check md5?

Edit: Or maybe they've changed partitioning scheme. Will check later.
I try to check in later, but I have all over again. I had problems with computers, so I must to format

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
I'm actually rather curious to see how the new Unity 2d performs on our hardware. Just need to find the time to try it :S

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Hey int_ua,

I can assist you in testing, but make few things clear to me. I am using a n900 with Maemo 5 which boots into NITDroid via multiboot, but also to MeeGo via uBoot (HELP TAKEN FROM http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...91&postcount=1). But still i haven't managed to boot into Kubuntu using the above post. But i have installed NITDroid on eMMC(not clean install) and MeeGo on a 8GB MMC. I can spare another MMC that I have for getting this Kubuntu tested, but can you help me how to proceed from where my current setup?

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by manojkumaru View Post
Hey int_ua,

I can assist you in testing, but make few things clear to me. I am using a n900 with Maemo 5 which boots into NITDroid via multiboot, but also to MeeGo via uBoot (HELP TAKEN FROM http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...91&postcount=1). But still i haven't managed to boot into Kubuntu using the above post. But i have installed NITDroid on eMMC(not clean install) and MeeGo on a 8GB MMC. I can spare another MMC that I have for getting this Kubuntu tested, but can you help me how to proceed from where my current setup?
Thanks a lot
I'm adding kubuntu-low-fat-settings to the script and disabling GLX drivers in it right now, so if you can wait 2-3 hours before I test the new script myself.. wait
It should boot the same way as the MeeGo. It uses the scheme with uImage on the mmc0:3. If it autoboots to the Maemo,
Code:
run mmcboot
in the uBoot shell should work. Do you get uBoot prompt with Multiboot? I didn't try it yet.

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-10-06 at 12:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Had a problem with
Filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted RDWR without CONFIG_LBDAF.
so I added
Code:
tune2fs -O ^huge_file "$dev"1
Keyboard works, WiFi does work, but nm-applet in KDE does not show any connections, so I've tested it with
Code:
iwlist scan
. Battery indicator doesn't work and I didn't investigate this yet.

UPDATE: There was a change in the Ubuntu 11.10 partitioning scheme and the script will not work with it. Try Kubuntu, add some conditions to the script (the 'stable' part may work with Ubuntu 11.10) or wait till Friday until I fix this

UPDATE 2: Use https://code.launchpad.net/~xintx-ua...n900-installer

Last edited by int_ua; 2012-02-19 at 19:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
As long as nm-applet does not work yet in Kubuntu, I've connected with nm-cli.
First, go to System Settings:
Code:
systemsettings
, setup new connection in 'Network Settings' checking 'system' flag.
Then get it's uuid:
Code:
$ sudo cat /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/* | grep uuid
and connect with
Code:
nmcli -p con up uuid 21b0c2d8....
Edit: but there is a problem with default gateway for usb connection (see the scripts). Trying to fix it with
Code:
route
There is
Failed to add route Invalid input data or parameter
in the syslog. Found it here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/05/%23ubuntu-arm.txt
reading...

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-10-06 at 16:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
There is a bug in Maverick's (Ubuntu 10.10) qemu that prevents successful chroot. Thanks to sada11 for testing.

P.S. RIP skykooler's N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Thanks a lot
I'm adding kubuntu-low-fat-settings to the script and disabling GLX drivers in it right now, so if you can wait 2-3 hours before I test the new script myself.. wait
It should boot the same way as the MeeGo. It uses the scheme with uImage on the mmc0:3. If it autoboots to the Maemo,
Code:
run mmcboot
in the uBoot shell should work. Do you get uBoot prompt with Multiboot? I didn't try it yet.
Kubuntu-low-fat-settings?? I'm pleased!

And yeah, for now, the multiboot prompts for

1.stock kernel,
2.power kernel,
3.uBoot,
4.NITDroid

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post: