Active Topics

Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
That was the problem I was facing. Its simple. Get the image from

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Enter your IMEI. And it will direct you to a page from where you can download the latest image File P.R 1.1

Now rename it to anyname you want and paste this file in the flasher folder that should be present in the program files. Dnt make the mistake that I was doing. I right clicked the icon in start menu and selected "Open File Location" which was actually leading me to the Start menu shortcut folder. Dnt do like this. Copy and Paste it in the flasher folder present in Program Files. Hope u will get ur problem resolved

i followed every word on wiki and i am getting the same symbol as you did. i have been trying for weeks now. read the wiki as well as all the post but cant get it right. you seem to have got it working is there any chance helping.. i am a UK user and using XP SP3. how did you go about sorting it out when you got the symble %m..
any help will be appriciated.
thanks

Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Can u tell me what is this md5sum is?? It is of very small size ?? How to use is?? And what is its use??
its different when its you who needs help but when you are asked to help you sound the same as teh other know it all, look at me am clever............you where posting every day to get help coz you were in trouble. now you are out of trouble you cant be bothered to help... maemo community is full of ****...never got any help and you all think your full of ****. te same with the people at avid for pro tools...but with them am the one who's laughing now..soon i will be laughing at you **** heads at maemo

Hi everyone

I need your help. I was calling and my N900 just froze and after that constantly rebooted. I took out the battery as I did not have time to have find a solution at that time and it stopped rebooting. I found the instructions on how to reflash but the problem is that I cant enter the USB mode (hold down u while connecting USB) I thought it might because of the battery but I have left it for 12 hours in charge with it constantly rebooting while connected but still no luck.

Second I have searched everywhere on how to get support from Nokia but I cant find that either

Can anyone help me with this one ?

Last edited by Ice; 2011-04-14 at 15:42.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Australia
I've only had my N900 for a month or so, and have never had to flash it, this will be the first time. If I copy what this guy does in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O54KdLvTA2U should I be okay? It's a link from the Updating the firmware page.

Is this still the best way to reflash? It seems to be in-line with the wiki... just want confirmation. Sorry for the noob question. Cheers guys.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
http://theunlockr.com/2010/04/02/how...-of-box-state/ <=====this one helps me to reflash my N900

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
Originally Posted by stig6 View Post
I've only had my N900 for a month or so, and have never had to flash it, this will be the first time. If I copy what this guy does in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O54KdLvTA2U should I be okay? It's a link from the Updating the firmware page.

Is this still the best way to reflash? It seems to be in-line with the wiki... just want confirmation. Sorry for the noob question. Cheers guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqgh5fhmfBY&feature=related<=====try this one mate

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Australia
Okay thanks guys. I'm wanting to flash with the 8gb partition, so I can install NITDroid on that. Now, instead of using
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM",
I use
"EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga",
is this correct?

Sorry... a bit nervous, don't want to screw it up!

guys i need a really really to my question to be answered
HOW MANY TIMES I CAN FLASH MY N900
Does flashing the phone make it damage ???

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
guys i need a really really to my question to be answered
HOW MANY TIMES I CAN FLASH MY N900
In theory: infinite, until the SSD craps out on you.
In practice: how much time do you have?

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
Does flashing the phone make it damage ???
Not if you do it right

It's hard to see how flashing your N900 20, 50 or even 100 times would cause any issue.

Eventually flash memory does degrade, and repeatedly writing to it does speed this up, but unless you're re-flashing your phone all day every day I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Tip: questions asked in ALL CAPS may not get the best answers...

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-06 at 18:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
im having a problem when i try to flash my N900...the CMD says
Suitable USB Device not found, waiting...
i did evrythin correct (i think) hold u nd connect the USB cabel...the USB icon shows up on the right upper corner bt still CMD says the same...i held the U key about for a minute! bt nothin happened!
can someone help please??

Tags
bada rox