Active Topics

Notices

Any news on compiling bleeding edge drivers for kp48? Really, no one of knowledgeable ones use bleeding-edge with kp48?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Er, kp48 has the mac80211 patches included and export modules. You can simply load the modules that shipped with -wl1 and it works just fine.

Oh, so I've just contributed to spreading FUD? Sorry - as little defense as it is, I was referring to:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=423

Anyway, thanks for info and again, excuse me for fact that I've not checked it myself
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Well, pali said in his thread that it is recomended to re-compile for each kernel for better chances in compatibility..

now, if people report it to be working as is then that's great and we gain some time.

I have personally been using kp48 for the past 4 weeks, at least - with no issues when used with the -wl1 drivers dynamically loaded.

There are no issues with it. pali has included the required bleeding-edge patches against his kernel. Forced load and symbol stripping on the modules means they work once the patches aren't completely mangled when being applied.

Nothing from v46->47>48 has changed in a way that would stop it from working. Thank both pali and lxp for their work on it.

Last edited by hawaii; 2011-08-24 at 18:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Really? Whenever i load the modules w/48, they load. But as soon as i want to connect to an AP, bummer - instant reboot. This is w/ stock wlandcond. Worked before w/ kp47.

So, basically, 2 people, 2 different report. Will need to check that myself, I suppose, so stay tuned for 3th report
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wellingborough, UK
This is so noob. But I can't untar them.. Tis really bugging me.

Xterm:
Code:
~ $ cd MyDocs
~/MyDocs $ ~/MyDocs$ tar -xzvf wl1251-maemo-0.1.tar.gz
-sh: /home/user/MyDocs$: not found
~/MyDocs $
What's going on? I downloaded the file to the 'Documents' folder.. Is there something I have missed or and I just being a R****D? I've checked the filename etc. Still no luck. Unsure how to proceed.

Ryan.

I think that you downloaded it in ~/MyDocs/.documents/
~/MyDocs/ is the root of the device in usb drive mode
~/MyDocs/.documents/ is the Documents folder in the file manager

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251