Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
the "CSSU team" kicked off the CSSU Stable branch project yesterday. May arrive in a week or two, basing on CSSU Testing 16.8/17
What? 17? ;-D Yes, we also started to get CSSU Testing rev 17 which will bring the PR1.3.1 diginotar (not really, we had this since quite some time already) and cert display update recently shipped by Nokia, plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon.

You will not be able to switch from CSSU T to CSSU S, to switch it needs a complete new install, means flashing of stock PR1.3 and then installing the Stable. So Stable is mainly meant for those users who run PR1.3(.1) and where reluctant about using CSSU Testing ( - no real reason why Testing users would want to switch to Stable :-D ).

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-11-05 at 16:59.

The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
the "CSSU team" kicked off the CSSU Stable branch project yesterday. May arrive in a week or two, basing on CSSU Testing 16.8/17
What? 17? ;-D Yes, we also started to get CSSU Testing rev 17 which will bring the PR1.3.1 diginotar (not really, we had this since quite some time already) and cert display update recently shipped by Nokia, plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon.

You will not be able to switch from CSSU T to CSSU S, it needs a complete new install, means flashing of stock PR1.3 and then installing the Stable. So Stable is mainly meant for those users who where reluctant about using CSSU Testing.

cheers
jOERG
Finally, some wise thinking.

Questiions.

It will be in the Extras the Stable CSSU or to install we have to go to the wiki page?

The flash>install is just for those who have the "Testing" CSSU and wants to have the Stable?

Or everyone who wants to have the Stable version, mandatory need to flash?

Just to be clear, Stable version will be 16.8/17 (which will bring the PR1.3.1 diginotar (not really, we had this since quite some time already) and cert display update recently shipped by Nokia, plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon.)?

Probably i have another questions but not remeber right now.

THANKS A LOT TO EVERYONE INVOLVE IN THE CSSU.

Developers, testers, users who test it too and nokia (sorry if a fogot someone).

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010

You will not be able to switch from CSSU T to CSSU S, to switch it needs a complete new install, means flashing of stock PR1.3 and then installing the Stable. So Stable is mainly meant for those users who run PR1.3(.1) and where reluctant about using CSSU Testing ( - no real reason why Testing users would want to switch to Stable :-D ).

cheers
jOERG
for those who're not insecure about stable, will the updates from stable be included in testing?
meaning, are/will "plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon." already be included in testing or is stable a compulsory?

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
for those who're not insecure about stable, will the updates from stable be included in testing?
meaning, are/will "plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon." already be included in testing or is stable a compulsory?
Of course *all* patches that go to Stable first seen an (usually) extended test period in Testing, so no way any patch state in Stable is more up to date than Testing, ever.
As mentioned in my "first" post, there's little reason for those running Testing to switch to Stable (unless they got fed up with helping in debugging :-D )

It will be in the Extras the Stable CSSU or to install we have to go to the wiki page?
I'm not aware of any plans to promote CSSU installer to extras(-testing/devel) repository. It might be possible, but I'm not completely sure if it's wise. After all MeegoCE also isn't published via maemo-extras repo - it seems reasonable when users have to visit a webpage where proper instructions, explanations and warnings etc are visible so everybody *knows* what's pending. Mind that installing CSSU is basically irreversible, you can't uninstall CSSU like a normal package.

cheers
/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-11-05 at 22:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia

cheers
jOERG
I remember reading on the IRC logs that a version which included camera-ui and modest patches would be merged and put out to testing with some users (I believe you are calling this v 17). will this be put out to broader testing group (ie everyone with CSSU nstalled) before stable, or at the same time?

Originally Posted by travla View Post
I remember reading on the IRC logs that a version which included camera-ui and modest patches would be merged and put out to testing with some users (I believe you are calling this v 17). will this be put out to broader testing group (ie everyone with CSSU nstalled) before stable, or at the same time?
I don't know if this answer you'r question, but worth to see it (if you didn't see it yet).

Go to Announcement - PR1.3.1 official security update

That is post 145, read from there.

Greetings

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2011-11-06 at 00:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by travla View Post
Probably with rather short delay on Stable after Testing, as those patches seen some "evaluation" already, with those "some users". So I expect the patches will merge to Stable shortly after Testing17 got published and seen a few days of widespread usage. Though I'd not mind to include them into Stable right away, for me the testing done on them - as stated by freemangordon - is sufficient to include them to Stable and then give that Stable a tesing period of some days with a crew of CSSU devels who know what to look for in modest and camera-ui. In the end this is up to merlin1991 now as he's maintainer of Stable branch, while I'm just the troll commenting on everything and shouting at devels when I think sth is odd ;-) Everybody is free to ignore me (though of course I prefer getting asked about my opinion).

/j

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
since jonwil turned down rewrite for the default vkb to include proper portrait mode, is there no other dev who can look into it?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Cheers for the answers guys.

I have decided to take another look at the virtual keyboard rendering stuff if someone can tell me which packages would need cloning. I THINK libhildon-im-vkbrenderer3 is the one we need but I dont know if we need others also.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade