Active Topics

Hello, i called Nokia and gave them IMEI number. (18886654228). Ask them if your phone on the warranty. I just got refund from Paypal. Seller never did refund. My main concern was that i got a lot of sms in conversation folder, so the phone was not a new one. Also check your firmware and if u can update your phone. U can contact me again if you have any more question.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Portland, Oregon
Thanks, I'll call Nokia. I did already update the firmware before this started happening.

I didn't see any data from previous owners; the phone looks new, but I don't know.

Originally Posted by mishania View Post
Hello, i called Nokia and gave them IMEI number. (18886654228). Ask them if your phone on the warranty. I just got refund from Paypal. Seller never did refund. My main concern was that i got a lot of sms in conversation folder, so the phone was not a new one. Also check your firmware and if u can update your phone. U can contact me again if you have any more question.

cellphoneforever did reply to my email right away, suggested some things that might help, and said that they would exchange the phone or battery, or issue a refund.

It looks like the charging problem is fixed -- it seems that it was the problem mentioned elsewhere in this forum about not recognizing when it's connected to USB after a firmware upgrade. At least I think it was after a firmware upgrade.

Anyway, putting the battery back in and holding down "u" while plugging the charger in worked. (I was trying a different charger, too -- that might have been a factor. Will test later.)

Originally Posted by eph.zero View Post
cellphoneforever did reply to my email right away, suggested some things that might help, and said that they would exchange the phone or battery, or issue a refund.

It looks like the charging problem is fixed -- it seems that it was the problem mentioned elsewhere in this forum about not recognizing when it's connected to USB after a firmware upgrade. At least I think it was after a firmware upgrade.

Anyway, putting the battery back in and holding down "u" while plugging the charger in worked. (I was trying a different charger, too -- that might have been a factor. Will test later.)
Hi, the major point, that cellphoneforever sell refurbished phones! If i know that i am buying refurbished phone i will not say a word, the other thing, that they offer me to send back my phone without tracking number and the last thing is that they did not picked up the returned phone from post office, in that case you can't automatically to get refund from Paypal. I did another purchase from ebay for n900, after i payed i checked seller status and discovered that this person purchased n900 before from cellphoneforever. When i contacted him and ask if this is the same phone from cellphoneforever he sad yes, so i declined to accept this phone and he refunded my money.

I'm just glad to have a working phone, so I'm going to leave it at that this time.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I got one from the same seller but thought these were good refurbs, since shipping to a friend in the US and then remailing took so long paypal protection was over.
The phone at first wouldnt take a flash and after serious crashing and non functional apps that wouldn't reinstall and I now have a $200 no booting, non-charging, unflashable brick when it finally took 43% of a fiasco flash.
see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=flash

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I got one from the same seller but thought these were good refurbs, since shipping to a friend in the US and then remailing took so long paypal protection was over.
The phone at first wouldnt take a flash and after serious crashing and non functional apps that wouldn't reinstall and I now have a $200 no booting, non-charging, unflashable brick when it finally took 43% of a fiasco flash.
see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=flash
take out the battery for 6 to 12 hrs.
the phone's memory will be lost & it will boot up (from whatever is in NAND & on /dev/rootfs) clean.

if it doesn't, it is defect, indeed

Hi, I have stated a Facebook page exposing this seller. If you would like to post your comments or feedback or just generally vent about your experience with them please follow this link.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cellp...502037?sk=info