Active Topics

Originally Posted by libaax View Post
Yeah. It doesn't have the images in the gallery or any of the videos. My n9 is made in china and i bought from welectronics in USA.

DUDE.. I bought mine from a place right next door to them.. I think its called popular electronics. Anyway, I went into welectronics and asked about the N9 and wanted to try it out before buying it and they were a**holes about it. I had questions pertaining to the bluetooth operation for my in car unit. I ended up walking right out of there and then the very next day I called the place next door and the people there were EXTREMELY COOL and the person I talked to told me that when I came in I could not only use the phone but also (after paying for it) take it outside to my car and spend an hour with it to make sure I liked it and that it did work with my car and if it didnt he would completely refund my money. I bought it that afternoon. The welec. place seems shady. My box says made in china on the sticker but there is also a sticker on the side that says N342 with A-Tick and a ref to site www.amta.org.au/sar which I think is Australian. My phone has some music that came with it as well as a bunch of wallpapers and I think 2 videos. It was clearly new as I unboxed it at the store.

X-

i've noticed the same thing.. my phone doesn't come with any photos or videos...but the box it came in was brand new, wrapped and sealed.

why might this be it?

I bought from Negri, made in china.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
any updates on flash support?!
See here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...33#post1119933

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
I got my update last night, and I charged the phone before applying it.
I had an Update failed, but it succeeded after restart, so I didn't worry about it. After that, tracker took a lot of time to rescan everything (only have ~2GB worth of extra songs and a video), but it finished eventually. After I installed the other application updates, I had 80% battery before I went to sleep.
This morning the phone was dead, no more battery. After I plugged it in, I checked the syslog, and besides a bunch of wlan scans there's a lot of
Code:
cellular: csd[667]: com.nokia.csd.simatk: simatk_report_event_notification:460 Building and sending ATK_REPORT_EVENT_NTF -message
then after some time only of lot of
Code:
icd2 0.201.2+0m6[1237]: Duplicate filter: Do not add filter for app :1.639
(the last number incrementing for each message).
Finally, there was a battery empty shutdown, in less than 5 hours after I went to sleep.
Anyone have a clue what this means?

PS. At about half an hour after plugging it in, the device restarted itself again, this time the log was filled with
Code:
kernel: [ 1510.702392] pvr: sysuid: IOCTL 70 failed (13)

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Cannot rotate images once transferred to PC Windows 64bit using cut and paste from N9.
Googled it and found you have to change permissions on the C drive
(what a total complete stupid arse joke that I have to do this just to rotate my transferred camera images).
Changing permissions still did not work. Looking at each individual image file shows full privilages in every category for every user still I am getting the "you cannot rotate this image Microhard BS blah blah" every time I try to rotate an image.
Yes I have restarted 3 times.
Yes I am sure the files are on my c drive and my N9 is no longer connected.
Yes I want to personally kick the arse of the person at MS that decided we have to go through all this JUST TO ROTATE OUR IMAGES FROM THE CAMERA WE JUST TRANSFERRED.
HFS! I'M PISSED!
I payed $1800 for this pc and it's blocking me from rotating images from my camera and making me jump through hoops.
I wanna kick somebodies arse for this.
I even tried transferring back all images to the N9 that need to be rotated and it shows file damaged on every image.
Someone needs to get smacked and lectured over and over again for this. This is way over the top for just end user rotating images.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-11-09 at 09:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
3. On my N9 is no week view.
switch to portrait mode in day view (the middle icon).

The Following User Says Thank You to pcfe For This Useful Post:
i remember seeing somewhere how to install the xterm without having to go through developer mode...
does anyone know the link?

also, whats the benefit of activating developer mode?.. i dont want to as from what iv heard is it consumes a bit extra battery life...
and i aint no developer, so i dont really need the whole developer mode

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
"Hello,

What I did to get the terminal application to show up in the application list even when developer mode is disable was to make a copy of /usr/share/applications/meego-terminal.desktop as terminal.desktop into ~/.local/share/applications/."

From this post: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4869

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
New weird issue appeared for me yesterday.

During a fairly lengthy SMS conversation yesterday, I lost the ability (between one message and the next) to press-and-hold-then-drag-cursor-with-magnifying-glass-thing to precisely position the cursor. Instead, when I press-and-hold in the SMS editor, I now get a popup appearing from the right, which covers half the screen (on the right). This popup offers me one option, i.e. 'Delete all messages'. I do not wish to 'Delete all messages'.

I'm currently stuck at 'wtf'. Anyone else experienced this? Am I just doing something dumb again (like my lockscreen-not-swiping-away non-issue) or is this a real issue? As far as I know, I haven't changed any setting or installed anything for several days.

Edit: went away after a reboot. Hmmph.

Changing the subject completely...
Originally Posted by slai View Post
"Hello,

What I did to get the terminal application to show up in the application list even when developer mode is disable was to make a copy of /usr/share/applications/meego-terminal.desktop as terminal.desktop into ~/.local/share/applications/."

From this post: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4869
I have yet to make this work. I copied the file (using the terminal) as in that forum.meego.com post, disabled Developer Mode, rebooted, and... still no terminal icon when not in Developer Mode.
Edit: I had typo'd the target filename. Fixed my silly mistake and now it works a treat: icon appears in the app grid although developer mode is off.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-11-09 at 17:13.

Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
i've noticed the same thing.. my phone doesn't come with any photos or videos...but the box it came in was brand new, wrapped and sealed.

why might this be it?

I bought from Negri, made in china.
For those who want back all the pre-loaded pictures, wallpapers, videos, music go to this site:

http://www.n9fanclub.com/2011/11/rec...ontent-of.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post: