Active Topics

i got an important problem in phonecalls when i call somebody or somebody calls me most times i have to open keyboard to see who is calling me cus the screen doesnt show the caller otherway .. so can this be fixed or no? should i download any helping app from app manager or so? pls answer me cus this is important for me cus i want to see who is calling me without opening keyboard every time i want my n900 normal as it should be .. i am waiting for your replies . Tnks in advance ppl. Also my english are not so good sorry about that.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Hi, coolisn900!

What configuration do you use on your N900? Did you install anything besides what was already on the device? Does this bug happens every time you receive a call?
My fist guess is that your phone app is set to portrait only, and upon receiving a call it starts to turn the screen, but gets stuck at one point. If you let it ring for awhile will it turn itself?
You can set it to auto-rotate from its menu.
Do you leave many apps open all the time? When the screen turns, all the apps turn, therefore if you have, like 9 apps in the background they will all start to hog your CPU. You do not see this if you do not have portrait desktop enabled, because dashboard is landscape in that case. Maybe installing CSSU v17 will help you: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

i will search for the link you gave me thank you for your fast reply man