Active Topics

Notices

It's /usr/bin/ossofilemanager

Yo, guys, got something for you to take a gander at, tell me what you think, please And maybe take a guess at what my ultimate goal has become with this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SBII_P3EZiI

Even with the latest update, my 770 now goes to "black screen" instead of a "white screen" if I "minify" an app (leave it running) and try to switch back into iTablet. Any idea what's up with that.

My 2 cents worth:
I like the extra row of icons and wish that you didn't have to click the apple icon (settings) to display them. It'd be ok with me if they were always displayed. I also wish that one could change the settings icon like the other icon images could be changed. I'd go ahead and put the "gears" one back myself...l like it better. I understand why you took it off in v.7, but Apple isn't coming after me if I change it back to "gears"!

iTouch is a great app that keeps getting better. Thanks,
Neil

I have no idea why your tablet does that, absolutely none. Mine has ceased doing that since 0.06 release... Hm... I will try to make whether the icons appear by default customizable

I like the new icons, but yesh, anything goes in iTablet

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, all setting remain when upgrading to the latest version (or they should ). So that means any custom icons or application you set will stay after and upgrade.

FYI, it only happens if I open the app using iTablet and then try and leave the app running a switch back to iTablet. If I open the app from my regular desktop while iTablet is "minified" and still running, then I can switch back to iTablet with no "black screen".
thanks,
Neil

That is odd... I think I actually might know why, I'll needa check on that (if it is what I think it is, I have to re-write the whole damned fuctions file )

But, there is a new version that acts VERY different in how it handles the new windows opened... Maybe you'll like it? https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1287

I've just downloaded and installed the 0.08 version on my N810. When I try to start via Extras->iTablet nothing happens. Am I missing something?

update:
I tried launching it from the terminal which gives:
~sh: ./iTablet: not found
this is in /usr/bin and the file iTablet is there. Unfortunately the file command is not there so I cannot check if it's a proper file.

update 2
I copied iTablet to my PC and found out that it's a Python app Unfortunately I cannot install python ATM it gives the dreaded "Installation file corrupted".

Last edited by lintweaker; 2007-12-21 at 19:47. Reason: extra info added

Oh, ehm, yes it is a Python app (just been having a little trouble setting dependancies... sorry bout that ^^' )

Well, for the installation of python, just keep trying to do it from the command line as root using:

apt-get install python2.5-runtime --fix-missing

until it works (or just wait till server clears up)