Active Topics

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
So... Let's recapitulate: Somewhere last quarter 2011, Nokia is working on the successor of the N900, called the N950. Nokia decides to make the N950 a developer-only device, meaning you need to apply to Nokia in order to be eligable to receive one of those devices. For the consumer market there will be another device, slightly different because it comes without a HW keyboard and some other minor changes as well.

Every developer that is eligable to get a N950, needs to sign a document stating that under no circumstance, the N950 can be sold to another party. There are fines and all sorts of stuff they promise you if you decide to do sell the device.

First month 2012: People keep looking all over the net to buy a N950, forae are flooded with new threads. Last half January, Alastor89 writes history as he finally found a genuine N950 for a more than fair price, shares it with the world and asks what we think...

My answer is how this companies get the n950 ? D:
My question would be: You're not an idiot, right? So why don't you try and answer that question together with the rest of us: We don't think anything about this "N950" as it certainly is not a N950...

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-01-17 at 10:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Ask to pay them through paypal. Do it, take one for the team.

Also, it doesn't say: developers only on the back.
The developers only on the back is obscured by program like paint.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Let's rationalize...

Where was n950 produced? Finland right? If that's so, and delivered only to eligible developers, how come that some firm in Malaysia has the full stock of n950 for a cheap price?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
It's a fake, and they not accept paypal. The thead can be closed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alastor89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
The pictures are of real N950 as far as I can see. I checked against mine. So either they've grabbed the pictures from the wide internet or they had access to one device.

But even as the picture is of correct device, this is definitely fake for all the reasons longcat and others said. Do not put your money into this kind of scam.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Alastor89 View Post
It's a fake, and they not accept paypal. The thead can be closed.
It was fun while it lasted. Got my hopes up for a micro second anyway!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
The pictures are of real N950 as far as I can see. I checked against mine. So either they've grabbed the pictures from the wide internet or they had access to one device.

But even as the picture is of correct device, this is definitely fake for all the reasons longcat and others said. Do not put your money into this kind of scam.
So what application are you developing for harmattan?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
So what application are you developing for harmattan?
The same question again? No offense, but it sounds to me as you don't want others to have the N950 if they don't develop something, because you didn't get one...

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
The same question again? No offense, but it sounds to me as you don't want others to have the N950 if they don't develop something, because you didn't get one...
That was not my intention, I would love everyone to be able to get one. It's just not available and I don't want the good people of this community to get ripped off by charlatans.

I've done so far ProfileMatic and RingingRestorer.

G-Tek Electronics best in the world\'s leading distributor
And they want payment by Western Union.

Nothing to worry about there then.