Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by kalilucho View Post
Can be added to the tv, Beko and AIWA
Actually, there's a fair number of Aiwa keysets already in Pierogi; are they not working for you device?

I'll put Beko on the list, too. (I've only found a couple of config files for them though, so might not have good coverage for their devices.)

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
Unfortunately, the fortec star keysets don't work on my receiver. neither do any of the Pioneer keysets on my amp.
Drat. The curse of the satellite receivers continues. I'll keep working on it... Can you give me more info on the Pioneer amp? At least with Pioneer, I feel I have a decent shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon
Please needed for TOPLINE LCD 32'' and TOPLINE PLAZMA 32'' and HAIER LCD 32''

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Mexico
Any chance that in some future you will add Air Conditioning category? I need to control a samsung a/c

Originally Posted by whatsappneeder View Post
Please needed for TOPLINE LCD 32'' and TOPLINE PLAZMA 32'' and HAIER LCD 32''
Hmm, these guys are going to be tough. I can find only one (fairly old) config file for Haier, and nothing at all for Topline... I'll put the Haier data in, but coverage for these devices is not looking good.

Originally Posted by sla_erick View Post
Any chance that in some future you will add Air Conditioning category? I need to control a samsung a/c
The future is here today -- there already is one air conditioning keyset for Samsung in Pierogi. It isn't mapped to the UI very well, yet; here's a post describing the current button mapping:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=81

This keyset doesn't work with all Samsung A/Cs, though. I've got another keyset I'm (slowly) working my way through, but since it maps each button to three or four different commands, it's taking me some time to wrap my head around it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@ Copernicus

tested your both Western Digital keysets and both are working fine with WDTV Live.
While testing, I got a new idea, as most of new TV sets and media players like WD support internet browsing and/or youtube like sites, a keyboard becomes necessary.
Is it possible for you to add a keyboard to your Secondary Buttons menu, or better would be to invoke either vkb or hw keyboard of our belowed N900?
Are we asking too much?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hermes040 For This Useful Post:
well i tried the digital stream keyset, unfortunately it doesn't work :-/
unless i'm missing something.

QWazix

My thought was to also see if either the proximity sensor, POS sensor or FFC could be re-tooled (perhaps even all used together) for code capture.

I must also say i have some very ethical concerns about finishing such a project. For a few reasons. One of which is some of the codes that are used in remotes are made to be proprietary.
Then again using the codes for private non-commercial use shouldn't be a issue i would imagine.

@Copernicus, Would it be possible to setup a cycle process to cycle through power off toggle for every keyset then have the process revert back(to power on) and forth in order to find working keysets ?

lol, Like the clock game on the price is right

If something like that would be possible, I would imagine eventually needing IR rx wouldn't even be necessary (not for remote use anyways) , And then we could do it for other buttons as well

Last edited by anyonebutthis; 2012-02-15 at 18:38.

Originally Posted by hermes040 View Post
tested your both Western Digital keysets and both are working fine with WDTV Live.
Great!

While testing, I got a new idea, as most of new TV sets and media players like WD support internet browsing and/or youtube like sites, a keyboard becomes necessary.
Is it possible for you to add a keyboard to your Secondary Buttons menu, or better would be to invoke either vkb or hw keyboard of our belowed N900?
You know, I've got details on Microsoft's/Philips' "Infrared Keyboard" protocol, and I think it wouldn't be hard to implement. (I think that the LIRC guys are already using infrared keyboards and mice with their PCs.) But are these media players actually using infrared? I would have guessed that bluetooth is the wave of the future for this sort of application, and BlueMaemo should already be able to turn the N900 into a portable keyboard, I think...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Thank you for this good piece of software. It works fine with my Viera TV set, and a Philips set in a hotel this past weekend......

... and here's my question. Any chances with a CambridgeAudio set?

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Great!

You know, I've got details on Microsoft's/Philips' "Infrared Keyboard" protocol, and I think it wouldn't be hard to implement. (I think that the LIRC guys are already using infrared keyboards and mice with their PCs.) But are these media players actually using infrared? I would have guessed that bluetooth is the wave of the future for this sort of application, and BlueMaemo should already be able to turn the N900 into a portable keyboard, I think...

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control