Active Topics

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Barbados
you want another OS ? just buy another phone simple

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers. I like that phone and the os is not so bad, but i miss some apps on it. The apps offer is not versatile like on an Android OS.

The webbroser is to bad and slow. I also tried firefox on it. But it's not very much better. If i compare to some other phones they are much better for that.

And no I' won't buy a new phone as long as my N900 still work's. I won't expend again several hundred CHF for that and I'm not supporting that incorrect way of taking the raw material for this. ^^

I just want to take out the best and maximal performence from that what i have.

I will watch the development, and if it works fully and if its possibel to make phone calls, I will try it.

Thanks und greetings Prasanna

try opera web browser

What I find is missing in Maemo is a decent and up to date GPS/Map software that works while you drive around, and someway to get emails on push just like Android does, I.e. I have two phones Android and N900 Maemo , on Android I almost get emails right away on my screen on Android only a few minutes later.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by alinux View Post
What I find is missing in Maemo is a decent and up to date GPS/Map software that works while you drive around, and someway to get emails on push just like Android does, I.e. I have two phones Android and N900 Maemo , on Android I almost get emails right away on my screen on Android only a few minutes later.
Two words for you:

1. Marble
2. Nokia Messaging

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't find the web browser to be bad and slow, as you put it. GPS also works fine, but you need to set the location settings to use supl.google.com as the location server, NOT supl.nokia.com as is the default.

Fennec has always been a slow browser on the N900 and Opera is faster, but the default browser is still the best.

Also, for an alternate browser find the java version of Opera described in this thread: > [TESTING] PhoneME Advanced (Java Mobile) prototype release

Last edited by geneven; 2012-02-17 at 13:21.