Active Topics

WTF

password of your neighboor password - that would be like a lock inside another lock

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
It's just sometimes my opinion happens to be correct
It really doesn't matter if the key is on his device or not.
He does not have the permission of the AP owner to use the AP with another device.
Using the AP without the owner's consent is illegual in many countries, whether the key was obtained legally or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Legal or moral issues that may change between countries / cultures set aside, that's why _i_ didn't help. IIRC I have consent of all AP operators (free City-wide, Hotel, Company, friend's WiFi APs) i have connected my devices to that use PSKs.

EDIT: now i know again why i configured my home AP to broadcast a separate WPA2-PSK protected guest network SSID providing Internet access only, and keep the private internal network's SSID private. This way, i can provide my friends with (permanent) Internet access, but they get no access to my "privates".

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-02-21 at 14:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is what it means when people say 'being judgmental'.

This is also an illustration of why 'being judgmental' is okay in my book.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
try ********

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Cambridge/London
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
Interesting debate!

It "sounds" to me like the OP wants to get access to the neighbours' wifi via another device. Probably his laptop.

He somehow got the neighbour to give him the pass for the N900 thinking it's harmless (that's what you get for not knowing what N900 is) and now he can't see the chars to type into his laptop wireless network config.

... the plot thikens!
If that is the case, and he has licence to use his n900 on the network, it would be better to use the Nokia Suit to connect, or one of the mobile hotspot apps. Because a new mac address appearing on the AP might just mean a new password is installed. Whether the nieghbour minds him leaching or not.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Cambridge/London
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Legal or moral issues that may change between countries / cultures set aside, that's why _i_ didn't help. IIRC I have consent of all AP operators (free City-wide, Hotel, Company, friend's WiFi APs) i have connected my devices to that use PSKs.

EDIT: now i know again why i configured my home AP to broadcast a separate WPA2-PSK protected guest network SSID providing Internet access only, and keep the private internal network's SSID private. This way, i can provide my friends with (permanent) Internet access, but they get no access to my "privates".
Yeah thanks for reminding me -- I've been meaning to play about with this on 2 sites...ones for a CCTV system patched into an old Dell on a network, and the other is a QoS issue for a wifi.

Originally Posted by Keir View Post
try ********
yesss it workes try it dude

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Video to help you with your neighbor's wifi password:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The way I see it, his neighbor let him access his network on his N900 for a one-time only deal. It's like he gave him the key (for a day) so that he can go in and deliver a parcel.

Now obtaining that key from the N900, would be like him making a copy.
Which means whoever helped him accomplish this is the blacksmith/keymaker.

And the code he obtains is this clone key, which he can use at any time without their permission with any intent (ie use any device like other phone/tablet/laptop/ps3/tv).

Well here's a step-by-step video guide on how to do it, if you aren't too proficient with the N900

...it makes you think how he can post here with such question if he doesn't have a internet connection and why he would even have to resort to such methods to do so. There is nothing ethical about this, infact its illegal.

I'm flattered

Tags
password