Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
**** it. Just **** it.
I don't know. I think I have to do a reset.

Installed aps after PR1.2:

Opera
File Manager 0.1.4
Torch
fmobi 2.5
battery usage
meefastdial
RSC monitor
Compass

And F2thaK FDB theme 4.0 (CP -R to themes, than change with Theme Changer which is removed after).
File Manager should be removed. It is known to cause problems in anither thread at TMO.
As fo the theme go get the latest version. v4.0 is diruptive to the system.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
I sometimes have a drop in framerate when swiping among the 3 homescreens, nothing major.
Also Nokia Store stutters a bit, but it happened in 1.1 as well.
Gallery isn't smooth when passing to another picture (if the picture is 1 MB at least).
Overall I'm very satisfied, but he situation was dramatic before I turned off FACE RECOGNITION in Settings/Apps/Gallery. That thing also made my camera hang and impossible to start up.
I turned face rec off as well (I'd never use it anyway) and that helped a bit. Things are as smooth as 1.1, but I think there's a tiny bit more lag in scrolling up and down the notification view, and also within the official Twitter and FB apps, but nothing that would make me think, this is bad. I think our expectations are just SO high, when we find an eyelash in the pot of soup, we think the the whole thing is ruined!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
No lagging here either. Did a full restore before PR1.2 update.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
No lag here and I have file manager installed too...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

mine has no lag.

i love the fact that when you swipe the screen to close, it makes a unique noise

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't like that snake sound. I'm trying to change it atm.

EDIT: I don't like snakes...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-03-02 at 19:55.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Just an idea: one of the more annoying bugs for me in this PR 1.2 thing was how some of my image files made the gallery crash and stopped the tracker from indexing the remaining images.

Could it be that there is a problem with tracker that only affects certain media files? In my case, it stopped indexing. Maybe in other cases - depending on the individual media files stored on the device - it never stops indexing?

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I turned face rec off as well (I'd never use it anyway) and that helped a bit. Things are as smooth as 1.1, but I think there's a tiny bit more lag in scrolling up and down the notification view, and also within the official Twitter and FB apps, but nothing that would make me think, this is bad. I think our expectations are just SO high, when we find an eyelash in the pot of soup, we think the the whole thing is ruined!
Yeah got that tad of lag in the feed screen as well...I'm quite sure in PR 1.1 it wasn't there but I can totally live with that. I agree that we've become used to having the best and we expect always too much. This is a direct consequence of how fast technology grows. We get so used to the extraordinary, the ordinary became disappointing. This is bad. By 2020 we all will be bored of life unless someone finds out a way for us to fly or teleport instantly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Etchelon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
File Manager should be removed. It is known to cause problems in anither thread at TMO.
As fo the theme go get the latest version. v4.0 is diruptive to the system.

Yeah, but the file manager was there before with no problems.

1.2 is faster for me as well in most areas, notably store