Active Topics

Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
You could wait for my reply before boldly writing your last statement
I'm Italian, and the situation here is as I described. It's all related to the level of culture of the population. Low culture == dumb people == people don't care about Linux, Harmattan or SD cards.
Please take note that I did mention, outside USA, perhaps I should have added, western countries . I'm from Asia. And heck, people still use SD cards, USB on the go, bluetooth, due to the expensive internet data rates. I use them almost everyday, try to avoid transfering files thru internet, which is added cost, and.... slow, esp if large files. If one needs to get home to transfer something, might as well use the thumb drive.

The example I related are real complaints from users in my country, some on Nokia FB page(not sure if deleted by now), some in Nokia Support Discussion

This kinda stuff is something that those from developed countries would not fully understand, unless & until you all experience it yourselves.

Look at the countries where Iphone is not top on the graph.

And btw, this is Maemo forum, so naturally people who prefer open source or customization or non restricted OS would be here. If I go to a Windows Phone page or forum & talk bad abt WP, they can and will tell me to get lost. It's the same over at GSM Arena, My nokia Blog, or anywhere over the internet

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-06 at 12:44.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
intermilan stadium and its on their home, are you still wanna use ur juventus uniform and yelling at inter fans tribun? i call it suicide,

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Please take note that I did mention, outside USA, perhaps I should have added, western countries . I'm from Asia. And heck, people still use SD cards, USB on the go, bluetooth, due to the expensive internet data rates. I use them almost everyday, try to avoid transfering files thru internet, which is added cost, and.... slow, esp if large files. If one needs to get home to transfer something, might as well use the thumb drive.

The example I related are real complaints from users in my country, some on Nokia FB page(not sure if deleted by now), some in Nokia Support Discussion

This kinda stuff is something that those from developed countries would not fully understand, unless & until you all experience it yourselves.

Look at the countries where Iphone is not top on the graph.
You talk like people share files using SD card slots on their smartphones everytime they meet.
And to be honest I think that if people in emergent countries had the money they would be happy to sacrifice SD slots and BT transfer in exchange for an iPhone. Anyway different needs call for different products, as you say.

And btw, this is Maemo forum, so naturally people who prefer open source or customization or non restricted OS would be here. If I go to a Windows Phone page or forum & talk bad abt WP, they can and will tell me to get lost. It's the same over at GSM Arena, My nokia Blog, or anywhere over the internet
This is why I tried to discuss my point of view: I was hoping for a different reaction from people who are smart enough to use Linux and other "elite" tools, but it seems that I was wrong and someone actually behaves like those fanboys by ditching my thoughts as "trolling".
What annoys me the most is that I use MeeGo, I like it much more than all other OSes (never had iOS though) and I was just saying WP7 is gonna do good...and get laughed at (with people questioning my nationality, it's ridiculous) because seems like it's a blasphemy.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
intermilan stadium and its on their home, are you still wanna use ur juventus uniform and yelling at inter fans tribun? i call it suicide,
Good to see that you think and act like those monkeys at the stadium who stab each other after a game.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The thread is specifically about Windows phones. Hence any opinions should be welcome. People dont care how open phone is, people dont want a phone that will have a seizure, reboot often, not being able to lock GPS fast enough, not mix conversation threads, have easy keyboards, adjustable fonts so that grannys can read on size 18 font, and screen resolution that makes reading crystal clear and camera that will give them nice pics.

That is what 99% of the people like. And NOKIA needs to pay bills, so it needs to cater to 99%. The less than 1% that wants open phone, and ability to tinker should be happy that NOKIA gave them the devices it did. Tinker away and dont complain. Unfortunately N9 and n900 have problems. They cant please 99% of the population when competition offers a better product for the 99%.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
If WP8 fails microsoft will be on the track to being irrelevant and only a miracle will save them especially with desktop and laptop becoming irrelevant themselves. Nokia made a horrible horrible bet when they chose MS.
desktop becoming irrelevant? lol, what is replacing it? those "tablets" that cant actually do anything?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
some guys entering wrong forum. Wrong man at the wrong place. LoL

send it from my n9 thats never lagging. No random reboot. And hey its super smooth.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
i think you need to look yourself hard in the mirror, and ask yourself, where is all this hate coming from? I do feel sorry for you.
No, that's okay. I'll leave the looking hard in the mirror to you, raging fanboi. :P I'm not sure that clearly identifying the problem with MS's platform is equitable with hate, either. heh Good try at a dismissal, though.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Been thinking the same thing, actually. Too much time, money and effort has been put behind the Metro UI and not everybody is sold - vendors especially.

As an user, I'm not 100% sold on Metro. Nothing is wrong with it, but it doesn't exactly answer a lot of Windows issues with UI/UX. It introduces new problems in the name using bigger type and tiles.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I like Windows more than android. Still don't using my Windows Phone as first or second device. Reason? Still not good enough. For example, formfactor is the greatest advantage of android. It's not the OS itself, and it's the flooded market. I want a mini phone och mega screen phone and a qwerty-hardware phone and that is only android phones available in theses segment. It's sad.

Edit: and soon a projection phone
Could it be that openness of the platform helped? I mean--ACTUAL openness that lets manufacturers adopt a platform (unlike the way Maemo and MeeGo was handled).

Also...

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
AFAIK this is maemo.org not windowsphone.org
These days, what difference does that make? Maemo is gone, man.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
You talk like people share files using SD card slots on their smartphones everytime they meet.
And to be honest I think that if people in emergent countries had the money they would be happy to sacrifice SD slots and BT transfer in exchange for an iPhone. Anyway different needs call for different products, as you say.

Once again, your...bias is showing, the western perception of those in Asia & developing countries. Dont think people in developing countries no have money. If we can afford a 64GB N9 or Samsung S2, Galaxy Note, BB 9900,or those high end devices, we can afford Iphone.Money is not the main reason

What if no internet line at the location? or EDGE speed. The other aspect would more freedom for customization, which Android has, which Symbian has, and to a certain extent N9 has.

Iphone-> restricted. Windows Phone-> restricted.
Over here, those who didnt get the Iphone high possibility will not get the Windows Phone. Long time Nokia users, who are still with Nokia all these rocky years, higher possibility/percentage will cross over to the Android.

How many years has Windows Phone been in the market? Its market share still not touch 3%, wasnt it Bada has higher market share?

The funniest thing, after Lumia 800 came out, now, the 1st question when someone wants to buy a new Nokia, "Does it have bluetooth?". A question previously need not be asked, standard feature in Nokia & assumed to have

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-06 at 17:05.

Just pouring some gasoline on the fire here:
http://winphone7news.blogspot.com/20...ows-phone.html

but daaaamn, with all iPhones/Samsungs going for the dull rectangle shape this thing could put Nokia back in play with stylish design (also no need to carry your digicam with you on vacation, though this hits the wrong companies)

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows