Notices

someone try to port to n900?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
as I can see we are very near to status changing option... it'd be nice if the status could be visible in "Chats" and "Chat" screens too (photos 2 and 3), not only in "Contacts" (photo 1)… changing statuses would then be of more sense, as it could be seen almost always - the "Contact" screen is the one we are least on...

[tw] @kegnatz

Since Wazapp seems to use quite a bit of battery when it's just idling on 3G connection, I did some investigations using Energy Profiler. In particular, I found that every 3 minutes, i.e. during each ping, there's a pretty significant increase in current draw of about 200 mA lasting for over 15 seconds. If this is amortized over long time it adds about 17 mA to the average current consumption, which is more than twice the consumption on my device when Wazapp is not active. There were other spikes probably related to Wazapp as well, but those exactly 3 minutes apart were clearly identifiable.

In contrast, when having a single MfE account on push there were no significant current spikes at all during the test interval and the current consumption stayed constant at about 7 mA, in other words there is clearly some room for improvement.

So, may I suggest that the pinging interval be made adjustable to account for 3G networks of different reliability, or better yet make it adaptive if it's possible to determine if each ping was necessary or not. Also, might be better to use the system heartbeat timer for the pings instead of just a QTimer so that the pings could get aligned with other system background activity, although I suspect that on most devices there are no other processes polling the network nearly as often as every 3 minutes.

Edit. I'll add that on Wifi there are no ping-related spikes visible.

Last edited by smph; 2012-05-26 at 16:27.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to smph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
What does this mean? You are forcing a internet connection even in Power Saving Mode (or whatever PSM stands for)? Sorry but I strongly disagree with this decision, PSM are meant to be battery-friendly, and shuting down any connection is one of the main point because of the big battery drain. I usually enter in PSM when i'm going to bed, and because of this it will be no difference between PSM on & off. Please please reconsider this, or at least add an option to deactive this behaviour. Thanks.

PD: 1000th post
Hi, I think what tgalal has done is right for the general public. I achieved what you ate trying to do by using the app profilematic. Please look a few pages before to see what i did.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Michaelyu View Post
I have been from this first page you see now, plus before they n9 a week, but I have been waiting for so long, just call me, no one say when the work tothere.
Originally Posted by evujumenuk View Post
someone try to port to n900?
There was a separate thread that was to be focused mostly around the N900 (wasn't specifically named as that).
But it seems to have disappeared from this sub-forum....
So as to minimise these posts constantly popping-up (yes I know it won't be full-proof ).
Can we create a new N900 Wazapp thread, & perhaps link to it in the first post?
Unless there's plans to release something for the N900 soon-ish...
In which case it may make more sense, just to have all feed-back in this thread.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-26 at 19:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Here is hoping it is ported to PC as well.....

The Following User Says Thank You to riahc3 For This Useful Post:
I can't see the names of other people when chatting in groups?
Anyone else with this problem?

Originally Posted by Deathtank View Post
I can't see the names of other people when chatting in groups?
Anyone else with this problem?
Did you read the FAQ in the first post? Groups is not implemented yet.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
0.2.6 is out Big thanks to knobtviker for bringing in Emoji sending as well as other stuff.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
0.2.6 is out Big thanks to knobtviker for bringing in Emoji sending as well as other stuff.
Great tgalal!

I've just installed! The emoji's work great.
But now there is two new issues: The font size in the edit text box (the editable text) is too smal. On the other hand, the text in the (now standards) baloons has too much space from top.

Anyway, is working nice!

Kepp the good work!

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp