Active Topics

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
See what i mean ? you now got a trio going and the reason Woody has stepped back in with his condescending rude attitude is because he has people now backing him so to give him the courage and the rest follow him.

(like the wording in red as if he is laying the law down here but oh hang on a minute he is council he can do this and get away with it ? because his pals have stepped in to help him)

The facts are that quite a few people are upset by this council and the way they have conducted themselves from the off by giving themselves the prized gifts that real developers on here are just not going to get.

This council really do need to do something to rectify the problems or they will not be looked upon on this community in a good way.

I suggest someone starts a thread with a voting to either get the council to do something about the rigged prize process and to see if the community members wish to have another election to sort this out once and for all if it can not be resolved but i tell you this council if it does not do something is finished and will gain no respect at all from here on from me and most likely a whole lot of others too.

This mess will for sure tarnish this community if it is passed over with no action.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It has been said that current members of Council need up to date devices to properly represent the membership. My proposal, that ownership be returned to Council when a recipient stops being a member of Council, is specifically designed to respond to that argument.
In a matter of weeks there won't be a council, and no one will be returning anything to anyone. Such a plan wouldn't be much of an improvement.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
You want minutes? I gave them to you already, in the form of the process we used.

What you really want is exact, personal discussions on each person, which frankly no... you won't get. You don't get that at most competitions. Do you see the individual votes for every contestant, and the reasoning for it from each judge at every competition you see? This is not American Idol or Dancing with the Stars.
Meeting minutes and "the process" are two very different things.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Why would you ask me to compare to the real world and at the same time you refuse to do whats done on most of the real world competition.
Dead on. No competition that even pretends to have some level of legitimacy allows the judges to claim the awards for themselves.

It's a shame those involved aren't interested in rectifying this in a dignified fashion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
A> Stop demanding things.
B> I and at least one other Council have already said we will not be discussing or answering anything in the form of "why didn't X get one over Y". This is a dead horse, and a dead end.

Have a nice weekend.
WOW never in all my time on this community have i ever seen such selfishness from a what should be a respected council and community member !!.

Woody he is only asking for answers and not demanding anything for gods sake what is the matter with you huh.

I tell you what if this was my answer you have just given i would be in deep shitt over it and probably get banned but YOU will probably get away with it no doubt.

This whole affair is now getting sick and with this kind of talk from a member of council on this community where is this all going???.

I now formally ask Reggie to look at this because i feel it is disgusting talk from a council member of this community.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
A> Stop demanding things.
B> I and at least one other Council have already said we will not be discussing or answering anything in the form of "why didn't X get one over Y". This is a dead horse, and a dead end.

Have a nice weekend.
I am done with you, you are an utter joke and disrespect to what maemo.org stands for.

I want you officially removed as a council member.

This kind of response is not appropriate, you contradict yourself and then take to putting me down?

SD69, you still have my respect as a council member, as a Councillor, do something about his behavior, he is not giving a good showing on how people in power should behave.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't think anyone has the right to say "I want you removed as a council member" and therefore have them removed..
My goodness, I have rarely see such a pack of egotists.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I don't think anyone has the right to say "I want you removed as a council member" and therefore have them removed..
My goodness, I have rarely see such a pack of egotists.
You don't get the point of what I have said, pay extremely close attention to what I have said, it will become clear.

His behavior is not right for someone in power.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Let's all take a break, pull back and calm down.

And btw... I'll gladly take a N950 if you have a guilty conscience. I'll even pay for the shipping.

I'm serious. The completist in me needs to complete the Maemo/MeeGo set.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
let's calm down a bit here...Arie didn't mean it in an offensive way...what he's trying to imply is that although woody is Council he should be maintaining civility of the highest order especially when there are ppl (both esteemed and new) against the Council's decisions...

I think its sad that it has to come to the point where the Council feels that this is a dead horse and dead end when some further explanation is being seeked which may or may not be provided by the Council. We respect them for their decisions but in an open community I think further transperancy in decision-making would do nobody harm...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Arie, honestly, You really think that You can "demand" here anything? If I recall correctly, you've been candidate for Council, and wasn't elected. Thanks goodness for Community wisdom

honestly, i don't know who You're - as per my knowledge, You're not developer, NOR important Community contributor for maemo.org, Mer, Harmattan, or whatever. Not that it change anything, anyway - if *You* think Woody isn't good Councilor, don't vote for him in next election. Instead, chose someone, who will suit Your taste (i.e. apply for Council, then abandon maemo at first sign of Nokia collapsing).

BTW, You've also turned out to be ridiculously unreasonable person - to the point of troll showing here and there, shouting loudly, *not* reading answer, and demanding things. Welcome in my ignore list - I'm sure You will feel comfortable with few "individuals" there.
---

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Ibut do not check all maillist and tmo posts, it doesnt mean it's my fault.
No, it is Your fault. Sorry, one of differences between meritocracy and - wrongly understood - democracy, is that here You don't choose representatives, then sit on your sofa without caring about anything for next 4 or 5 years (because you've already chosen someone to blame for your laziness). If You can't get CA rules from April till now - discussed and announced via mailing list, TMO, and IRC - it's Your freaking problem. Period. Shouting now, no matter how loud, won't change *single* thing.

Same apply for geneven proposition - sorry mate, there was time, when whole concept of CA (who will decide, why, and how criteria will look like) was decided, and You "ingenious" idea of passing devices every 6 months to new Council could be proposed there. Frankly, I'm sure it wouldn't meet *any* positive feedback - as it's impractical, and, honestly, quite pointless - but anyway, You had right to propose it.

Then. Not now.
---

And, again - despite fact, that ones still not getting it, just don't want to listen - CA awards are not meant to boost xyz development, at least, not directly. CA awards aren't tool to help council/JoeTheBastard/whoever in his role for the Community - again, at least not directly. etc, etc.

Have complains about CA merit now, after project is essentially finished? Really awesome timing, feel free to direct them to /dev/null now.
---

For everyone that want direct answer on "why person x was awarded, and person y not" - no problem fellas, here is Your answer:
"Because Council in it's discretion - as per CA rules - decided that this person's Contributions to Community were big enough to receive prize".

It's quite universal answer, so fell free to use it anytime, when You're wondering why someone actively contributing to community for years, got award over guy registered 4 months ago and being "known" for one random project (or not). You can even memorize this answer, as You *won't* be getting any other. Period.

/Estel

Ps.

If this thread will continue to be "outcry" from 4 - literally, 4 people - who are either sad that they haven't received "freebie" (isnotabigtruck, I'm looking at You - BTW, Your behavior proves even more, that You shouldn't get *any* CA award), is sad overall, no matter of topic (Arie), don't want to participate in Community discussion, but want to decide about everything - most likely, after it's made already (ZogG, BTW, another example of someone sad for not getting device?...), or doesn't necessary know what want already (Creamy), it will only result in closing this topic.

every single argument have been said already, at least 8 times. If You don't have anything new to add, don't write. You do - don't get mad, when mods will take care of this sh|tstorm. you don't want to congratulate winners - your problem. But don't expect, that we will be wasting time, to repeat same thing over and over, to satisfy few angry kids.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Arie:

At your request I went back and carefully read about the last 20 of your posts. My opinion stands.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry