Active Topics

Notices

i installed it and my status menu is one big black window when i tap to pull it down....i then tap outside and then again in the status menu and it returns to normal. however, i dont see the sms blocker menu.

help?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
There is no messageblocker status menu.
Settings are in the control panel.

oh. silly me. i'll try it again.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Done. New version 0.3 fixes one bug, that crashed
hildon-status menu and add a wildcard pattern matching.

use '*' for any or empty string and '?' for one character.
For example:

*007 matches any number that ends with 007
?007 matches any number that has for digits and ends with 007

Please test and give feedback
Thank You nicolai,
I updated to Message Blocker 0.3 and it stopped working all together. The Icon is in the statusbar and i have set configurations accordingly but it won't block any sms, even when no wildcard is used.

Is there anyway I can provide you with more information about the issue?

Edit: It does delete the messages from block number but it doesn't block any of the popup window, notification, light and tone.

Last edited by mndt; 2012-06-18 at 04:23.

Thanks Nicolai, i will be testing soon. Right now i am having problems with my operator.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mndt View Post
Thank You nicolai,
I updated to Message Blocker 0.3 and it stopped working all together. The Icon is in the statusbar and i have set configurations accordingly but it won't block any sms, even when no wildcard is used.

Is there anyway I can provide you with more information about the issue?

Edit: It does delete the messages from block number but it doesn't block any of the popup window, notification, light and tone.
Anyone else tested this version, does it work for SMS?
I tested this only for chat messages.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Anyone else tested this version, does it work for SMS?
I tested this only for chat messages.
Installed v0.3, restarted phone. Added number to block list: +37069544706 and it worked. Added +3706954470* and it also worked. I had "Delete Blocked Messages" checked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edijus For This Useful Post:
it is working nicolai. thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to colchaodemola For This Useful Post:
Hi nicolai. No more updates for this app?

Actually I kinda have some ideas which *for me* is interesting to have. Not about its core functionality, but more about the extra features , such as

1. Add "Rules". It's like allowing you to block blacklist (current implementation) or only allow those in your whitelist
This is actually a common feature in most call/sms blocker apps. Most of them even allow you to add several rules and let the built-in scheduler to switch automatically between them. But a simple one like in Callerx should be enough

2. Allow to put number using pattern, or even predefined pattern (eg. numbers with alphabetical characters (possible marketing SMS), numbers less than n digits)

3. Remove the apps icon from the status bar and show them only when there's a new blocked event

4. Put Messageblocker outside the Settings. This way, it can also be put on the desktop for easy access

Just bunch of ideas that I think it would be interesting to be implemented in your apps. I hope you also find them interesting so you'd consider into making them

Last edited by figaro; 2012-07-28 at 13:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to figaro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
I just installed version O.3 and added many of the operator number for promos (515, 500, 4114 and a couple more), but i always get the notification pop up, the sound and vibra.... what I only got the message deleted after this should, is this because this number are way too short ? or their real number is hidden under somewherelse

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum