Active Topics

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
@ohrn
Nice to see that you (in opera) care about us . I used Opera on every devises whitch i owned, like a N900, desire z and now in the N9. It is the best and hope you can figured out how to get keyboard to working. Could someone in here help? There is many bad guys who may can help you? Raise your hands!

It is happy to see, than it is almost as smooth as defaultt browser . I even installed opera on my linux pc and it is nice there too :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
It seems that in the latest minor update v12.00.6, they decided to remove native keyboard support, probably due to the buggy landscape only mode, besides that they also changed the user agent settings from several to just desktop/mobile, kinda disappointed with the update as it's more like removing features instead

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
It seems that in the latest minor update v12.00.6, they decided to remove native keyboard support, probably due to the buggy landscape only mode, besides that they also changed the user agent settings from several to just desktop/mobile, kinda disappointed with the update as it's more like removing features instead

@ohrn could Opera make life better by re-instating the different UA settings...why make it so difficult?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
can you give me deb? I no update for that

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Yeah he mentioned that in a earlier post here (but not the removal of the UA too!).
Which is why I immediately responded with: "I think I'll be ignoring that update" :-/

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
@ohrn could Opera make life better by re-instating the different UA settings...why make it so difficult?
I doubt he'll respond....
You might have better luck PM'ing or contacting him/them via other means.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-21 at 08:58.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
can you give me deb? I no update for that
Yeah the update notice didn't appear for me too, but you can grab it in your d'load history in the Nokia Store app.
Same thing happened to me for the latest FM Radio update...
Harmattan's packaging system has been giving me the shits lately.

UPDATE:
Actually they're both appearing as they should now, & FM Radio updated w/o issue, t'was all very weird 24hr ago.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-21 at 08:57.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
since the update I have this option

...pretty good ^^

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post:
Opera produced this minor update so fast that you'd think that they feared litigation. I wonder if their browser's ability to incorporate the Swype keyboard might have left them open to some sort of royalty payment or some other intellectual property issue.

The bugs in v. 12.00 re the N9's native keyboard were/are entirely manageble, and I would have preferred that they expand the native keyboard to the portrait orientation (even with the few bugs) rather than scrap the native landscape keyboard.

So, yeah, no 'update' for me. I'll just use my hack if I want Opera as default browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
I got the update today morning. While I never used the native keyboard option of Opera, I do welcome the "default browser" option without any hack.
Also, a link opens in a new tab if an opera browser instance is already running.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrBhoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
still show is version 11.5 in store...
who can give me the deb?