Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Bought an N9 last week for a big amount. Does that mean that I will have to sell this phone before it is too late? I am loving this device btw What if Jolla doesn't support MeeGo? N9 users will be screwed (?)

Yes Mr. Ranbaxy you have to sell this device before its too late. Jolla will NOT be supporting the N9...happy now?

Please stop spamming with nonsensical posts...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yes Mr. Ranbaxy you have to sell this device before its too late. Jolla will NOT be supporting the N9...happy now?

Please stop spamming with nonsensical posts...
As if this thread makes hell lot of sense

I don't want to initiate a fight I am outta here

Peace!

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-07-27 at 13:15.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
oh really and were is the webos phones/tabblets?

i would not mind buy a new webos hw but I dont see it?? And probadly newer will see it. Same for nokia...
But this means that the OS isn't totally dead and buried. It might be resurrected when it comes out that it's a last chance.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
OMGF! All the MeeGo fans including me would be on top of this world if this news turns out to be true Let's pray almighty to save this world from Android. Let MeeGo rule

thats why we have jolla FORGET Nokia

thats why we have jolla FORGET Nokia
That's why we have Jolla, indeed, but we can still trust in Nokia, that something changes and MeeGo resurrects

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
But this means that the OS isn't totally dead and buried. It might be resurrected when it comes out that it's a last chance.
Did I say meego is dead? No I didn't. What I say is meego and Qt is dwad inside nokia but some peopke her still is to much of nokia fanboys so they do never understand the facts that nokia DEPENDS on Microsoft now, there is nothing left now and they cant change strategy even if elop and his board gets fired.

you really have to wakeup and stop this nokia fanboyish its over. Our only hope in case of qt+meego is jolla!

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
That's why we have Jolla, indeed, but we can still trust in Nokia, that something changes and MeeGo resurrects
no we cant ITS OVER!

Harmattan is dead, Meego don't

Did I say meego is dead? No I didn't. What I say is meego and Qt is dwad inside nokia but some peopke her still is to much of nokia fanboys so they do never understand the facts that nokia DEPENDS on Microsoft now, there is nothing left now and they cant change strategy even if elop and his board gets fired.

you really have to wakeup and stop this nokia fanboyish its over. Our only hope in case of qt+meego is jolla!
I don't say it has to be Nokia. It may be Sony, Jolla, Samsung or whatever, as long as it's MeeGo. I don't care who made it, I care how it is. WebOS is a cool system too, but lacks a terminal integrations, gui ssh client, qml and similar. I hope even though, that something changes and MeeGo will return.

I know Nokia depends on Micro$oft, it's easily seen. They seem to include ONLY WP, and nothing else. But, when Nokia finally becomes independent from MS, they'll be a wreck. And it's when MeeGo may come: either Nokia will get up from ruin, or will die. If Nokia makes N10 and N1050 (newer N9 & N950) and it's as great as Harmattan or better, then they won't go bankrupt. If they make another crap as WP, they'll bankrupt.

Nokia's targets are inconsistent, look at Meltemi. The only consistent target is WP. If it fails, there's no target, and comes up space for MeeGo..

It's not as probable as Jolla, indeed, but why can't we dream a bit?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I think Microsoft needed a scapegoat to introduce the return on its Windows crap on phones. They knew that the company who brings it out will fail, because their OS was crap.

They chose Nokia to use their credibility to market it. They must have been also afraid that once Meego is out, it will become the third major mobile OS and they will have no chance. They intended to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Now that they successfully killed Meego/Linux mobile initiatives and presented Windoze as the 3rd major OS for mobile, they don't care if Nokia survives or not. Hence comes the Microsoft Windows 8 mobile devices from Microsoft. Elop was even surprised with that news, I am sure.

Good old Microsoft repeats the history again. Any company who partners with Microsoft deserves to die in my opinion.

Time to move on guys! (I know, I should move on too. But, something, the love for open OS/device keeps me come back and wish something changes) Jolla may try to come up with devices that we like, but we all know that playing in big league is not child's play. Jolla's success remains to be seen.

I wish they will succeed.

Tags
dual ponies, nokia n10, ohnoesmorevapor, to_be_closed