Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Bangladesh
it is a real problem!!! and i thought it was just me!!!

is there any fix yet? my friends miss me and they don't know where i am...

Fix on it's way. Also removing the defunct GoWalla service. Yes, I got myself a new N900 - who can live without one?

/Z

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Great news, thanks. Any tech details?

Google switched to OAuth2, Latitude used to be on the defunct old OAuth1 model. I was on the latitude mailing list but wasn't paying attention that they were actually *shutting down* the OAuth1 route on July 20:th [they had been running both in parallel for a while].

I also removed Gowalla, which is no longer with us... sadly, since its existance was half the reason I wrote the app in the 1st place

/Z

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
works as well for me. thanks a lot

The Following User Says Thank You to kurtyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Confirming that everything is working fine again. Thanks a lot!

First of all, thank you for the fix!

I've encountered two problems though:
  1. Posting accuracy is broken again. Accuracy is posted but very rarely. Can it be caused by posting floating point value instead of integer as it were last time?
  2. If zaploc-daemon is strated while the phone in offline mode and updating of auth token is required (due to expiration) then zaploc-daemon tries to get initial authorization via oauth2 and launches browser.

Heya!
Thanks for the update!
I got it working first google latitude was able to authorize on web browser until it was going back then it stayed on loop spinning around the loading..
i tried to delete zaploc all config files and reinstalling software, now there is bigger problem,

When i try to authorize google latitude (i check the option Google Latitude) it will stay endless loop loading. nothing happens. just loop the loading, not even browser opens anymore??

Any tips?

Originally Posted by Self-Perfection View Post
First of all, thank you for the fix!

I've encountered two problems though:[*] Posting accuracy is broken again. Accuracy is posted but very rarely. Can it be caused by posting floating point value instead of integer as it were last time?
Possible - I had to re-code the entire posting-to-latitude coz it was frankly easier than trying to understand the strange google api for Oauth2... since I had hand-coded OAuth2 for all the other services, it was easier to just clone a lot of the code for FB and FS to the latitude service.

Tho, if you post an accuracy to latitude, latitude returns the value as a float?

Originally Posted by Self-Perfection View Post
[*] If zaploc-daemon is strated while the phone in offline mode and updating of auth token is required (due to expiration) then zaploc-daemon tries to get initial authorization via oauth2 and launches browser.
Yeah unfortunately the token expires after only one hour, which I find quite excessive (compare to the Gowalla token that expired after 2 weeks, or FB / FoureSquare that doesn't expire at all)

I'll see what I can do....

/Z