Active Topics

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ San Jose, Costa Rica
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Never saw that error before, may that be a temporary failure of network connection???
Please try again.

Also please use these commands to get full info from your device
Code:
sudo gainroot
df > debug.txt
mount >> debug.txt
sfdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0 >> debug.txt
lshal -s| grep mmc >> debug.txt
du -kx / | sort -n | tail -n 25 >> debug.txt
Note that there is almost no output on the screen, because the output is redirected to a file called debug.txt. Attach that file, please, to your next post.

Please also give info about the tweaks you applied, like nitdroid installs, kernel-power, cssu, thumb2, battery-patch, 720p video tweaks and so on, to get a better picture of the cause of failure.

Today in a desperate attempt to fix this problem (wich i fixed once by leaving the phone without battery for several days (i already did that this time)) i flashed a global fiasco image to the phone. Everything is the same but now i cant install apps. Everytime i try to install rootsh says the there's not enough memory and if i manage to load the apps list to uninstall there are only stock apps (wich i already uninstalled). I really don't know how this happened... Yes i installed cssu, kernel and the battery patch. Nothing else. But the phone worked for months with that like a charm. Now like i said at the beggining when i grabbed the phone it was freezed with a black screen. Took the battery out and it started looping and i reflashed and BOOM. emmc is gone. That's all what happened . Seriously micha help me out and ill send you 10 bucks haha

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Batterypatch is a quite invasive hack, i do not know much about.

Instead of money, how about the info i asked for

Some of the settings and tweaks survive the flash, because they do not get overridden. Because they do not exist in the provided rootfs image. Please try to flash the device once again using only the fiasco image for your region. Again try to install rootsh.

Luv u man :3.

Kk lets see. I flashed the device and now it shows more memory but it's like changing. It's getting bigger and smaller the bar of memory wich is pretty weird. But then again it says that there's not enough memory to install apps.Says that i have to uninstall apps. This really blew my mind because i saw that i had 40mb of free memory. Checked the apps memory and BOOM... I only have 4.47Mb left.

1. Try to disable your widgets and stuff from the desktops.

2. There seems to be a broken symlink for the cache directory of apt, please show the output of
Code:
ls -al /var/cache/apt
Follow this symlink and show the output of of
Code:
ls -alRh
in this directory in there. Depending on the output we might remove some files there even without root rights.

3. Try to move some files from the device to the external card. Prepare this by searching for the biggest files
Code:
ls -l /home/user/MyDocs
Move every file and folder from this directory to your external card. They do not belong here, waste space and were created during the malfunctioning days of the N900.

Code:
du -kx /home/ | sort -n | tail -n 20
will show you a list of the 20 biggest files and folders to look for anything fishy und /home except those folders /user /opt /lost+found.

5.Look for space wasters in /home/user/
Code:
du -kx /home/user | sort -n | tail -n 25
If permissions are correct, you could copy some files and folders from here to the external card to create some free space in optfs if necessary. Does
Code:
df
mount
give any meaningful output this time?

Please take your time to get much info as possible to the steps above. We need it to evaluate further steps to get rootsh finally on your N900.

Okay seems like my computer now has 3 more removable devices. Wich are not recognized. I took photos of everything because the n900 can't export notepads.

(Click in the links)

Devices in My Computer

First Line of code

Second Line of Codes

Third Line of Code

Fourth Line of Code

Fifth Line of Code

Sixth Line of Code

There's everysingle line that terminal showed . And thank you very much micha i don't know how to pay you for this

This looks bad, very bad!
Did the N900 took a fall or a severe beating recently???
Seems like your internal card is not accessible at all, not only for MyDocs partition, but also for /home, which also contain /opt.
To verify my fatal judgement please run
Code:
lshal -s| grep mmc

This n900 is my dad's phone so i guess it haven't recieved severe damage at all. This is all software based.

And here's the ss.

And btw when i typed this command in the terminal the phone was connected to the computer using an usb cable

Originally Posted by MamoriNoTenshi View Post
This n900 is my dad's phone so i guess it haven't recieved severe damage at all. This is all software based.

And here's the ss.
I am sure the output for the internal card indicates hardware failure. As you can see there are just two lines referring to platform_mmci_omap_hs_1, while there are four for platform_mmci_omap_hs_0. Here is the output of my working setup
~ $ lshal -s| grep mmc
platform_mmci_omap_hs_1
platform_mmci_omap_hs_1_mmc_host
platform_mmci_omap_hs_1_mmc_host_mmc_card_rca1
platform_mmci_omap_hs_1_mmc_host_mmc_card_rca1_sto rage_mmc_sd_mmc
platform_mmci_omap_hs_0
platform_mmci_omap_hs_0_mmc_host
platform_mmci_omap_hs_0_mmc_host_mmc_card_rca43690
platform_mmci_omap_hs_0_mmc_host_mmc_card_rca43690 _storage_mmc_sd_mmc
Basically the card is not totally broken, but the contacts to the linux kernel controlled pins are broken, thus the PC still sees the USB connected device. It has three partitions now, because partitions for optfs and swap are no longer hidden by the Maemo system, because it has lost control about them. There are some howtos to proceed with an external card like this one http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=broken

Forgot to tell you that i had my other phone connected. Maybe one of the unknown partitions was from my phone. I'l follow those steps and tell you what happened