Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb

Some simple questions i just cannot find the answer to!

How do I change colour of the toolbar (4)?

Is it possible for me to create some kind of theme that would simultaneously handle colours of my whole app (2-4)?

And lastly, how do I show the status bar (1)?

thanks!

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Nobody?

this is really starting to bug me :/

You can change the colours, enable developer mode on your phone and install the examples you can change the various colours using the menu.

The source code for this is here:

http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-component...s/trees/master

under examples/meego

see: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-component...y/qml/main.qml

See the Menu {......} item

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
How do I change colour of the toolbar (4)?
I think you can only have black or white - but I'm not sure.

Is it possible for me to create some kind of theme that would simultaneously handle colours of my whole app (2-4)?
Yes.

And lastly, how do I show the status bar (1)?
Not sure maybe a dbus call.

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-08-28 at 14:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
I guess we are talking about qml plugins, and not meego touch framework.

Toolbar only has two colours, one for light theme and one for the dark one. Only one toolbar element is instanced within the PageStack element, and it provides animations when changing page. Considering everything in qml is an "Item" element, you may create your own toolbar and put ToolIcons there if you need more customization.

Theming your app is a bit time consuming. One option is to have a myTheme alias which binds to the current theme, which has to be a QtObject (or a QObject, don't remember how they are called in qml) which contains your values, like buttonsWidth, buttonGradientStartColour etc. Than your custom components just need to have their themable values binded to your alias, like width: myTheme.buttonWidth. When you need to change theme just change myTheme alias and all the customized components will switch theme accordly.
Something in case you don't know, there are 19 colour themes for Meego components. Usage of themes is not directly possible in qml, you need to extend current components changing their images urls.

A status bar is already instanced within a PageStack element, otherwise you can create one using Meego components.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
gionni88 It is possible to change the themes directly from QML see the second link in my post.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
gionni88 It is possible to change the themes directly from QML see the second link in my post.
Thanks, didn't know it was finally included as default.

EDIT: do you know in which PR this feature was included?

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Thanks, didn't know it was finally included as default.

EDIT: do you know in which PR this feature was included?
I'm not sure, but I think it was there in PR1.2 as I did have these examples installed.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The annoying thing is that the command to change theme universally breaks simulator and ovi store support. By the way does anyone know how to include pr1.2 qt components in simulator?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The annoying thing is that the command to change theme universally breaks simulator and ovi store support. By the way does anyone know how to include pr1.2 qt components in simulator?
Download and open the qt components examples from the first link I gave, they seem to work very well in the simulator, but I've not tried changing themes.

Using the qt update thing you can say include PR1.2 runtime which should include PR1.2 stuff.

Or you can say import com.nokia.meego 1.0 instead of 1.1 for PR1.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post: