Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Can you please post the output of
Code:
gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc num-buffers=200 ! audioconvert !  audioresample ! audiorate ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000 ! flacenc ! filesink  location=file_temp.flac
If a file is generated play it with the default media player (for instance using filebox), mplayer did not do the job well.
not sure what went wrong, but 0.2 wouldn't record my voice, but apparently fixed in 0.3

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Gandan View Post
Hi!

I've installed it, but the output is everytime "Sorry, I did not get your question".

I've also tried with the questions in the first post...
Can you please check if it works for you with the new version from today? I observed when using GSM/UMTS network on N9 that speech recognition was okay, i.e. my question was shown correctly, but i also got "Sorry, I did not get your question" or "Something went wrong". This should be solved now, otherwise Mee42 does not like you

Changelog version 0.3.1 (25.09.2012), mee42_v0.3.1.sh:
  • Fixed potential issue when N9's GSM/UMTS network is used: Now the answer file ${file_prefix}.html is handled correctly when line breaks are missing.
  • Minor code changes like 'about' information.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-09-25 at 16:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
hi, i installed all file, may i know how to run this program?

edited: ok i know now

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Last edited by baem90; 2012-09-26 at 05:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Hey thanks for the updates
I use our script everyday and think its the funest thing lol

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happe...992&isLookUp=1
lol kinda funny but then not so much...

I got more suggestions... Lol... Is its possible to make our script cycle through the answers?
Maybe stopping at 2 or even better having continue option.

Also 'What is the commodore 64' stops at a small amount of characters.
Not sure how to extend this.

Thanks again blueslee...
Hey what's your paypal.. I'll shout you a drink

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
Hey thanks for the updates
I use our script everyday and think its the funest thing lol

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happe...992&isLookUp=1
lol kinda funny but then not so much...
I told you that the script is a dirty hack, didn't I? In the first moment it was funny but only in the first moment.The really bad thing about this is not the Q&A of answers.com its more the dubious advertisement if you do not use an ad-blocker on their site. No wonder that taixzo wants to switch to Google Now Cards This is the price we pay for using their database.

I got more suggestions... Lol... Is its possible to make our script cycle through the answers?
Maybe stopping at 2 or even better having continue option.

Also 'What is the commodore 64' stops at a small amount of characters.
Not sure how to extend this.
'Dirty hack' means that from a developers viewpoint the used code is not 'good' code. I will try to explain it: We have at least three possibilities to evaluate the response of answers.com:
  • The first one is to use regular expressions as done here.
  • For sure it would be better to use special libraries which come with Perl, Python etc for parsing xml/html. In this case we would need to switch the programming language, add dependencies etc
  • The best thing that can happen is the presence of an API which we do not have.
Regarding our regular expressions we always look for a html tag called 'og:description', in the above case
Code:
<meta property="og:description" content="Answer The Commodore 64 is the best-selling single personal computer model of all time. Released in August 1982 by Commodore Business Machines, the.">
Unfortunately the answer is incomplete. All I can do for now is to add something like '...' at the end of the answers to indicate this issue.

In general: Such webpages have their own dynamic. Another script which is used last year worked well in the morning but not in the evening! Sometimes they stop working at all as they decide to rewrite/restructure their webpages etc. I personally think that it is not worth to put much effort in this direction.

Below are things i tested or maybe test in future:
  • Check taixzo's code if he succeeds to implement Google Now Cards.
  • I checked speech recognition for other languages... Its a disaster
  • Unfortunately, a lot of packages for Harmattan are missing. Otherwise one could drop the duration of recognition using the 'vader' element of gstreamer.

Thanks again blueslee... Hey what's your paypal.. I'll shout you a drink
I thank you. I think you don't want to send me anything anymore, see above. Your thanks and positive comments are sufficient for me unless i decide to take over the world! Muwhahaha

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Hey BluesLee
Hahaha dirty indeed!
Thanks for explaining the 'og:description' tag.. same it's limited to few characters.. oh well.. it's still good

"I personally think that it is not worth to put much effort in this direction. "
True.. I like your script because it was just copy, paste and work
I haven't installed taixzo's app yet, but I defiantly will.
Thanks again for the script, PM me your paypal, i'll shout ya
Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
youtube video please for can see it working

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
any plans to make it as a .deb?

Originally Posted by samipower View Post
youtube video please for can see it working
Don't ask, just do it

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
any plans to make it as a .deb?
No, no plans for now, please see sections 'About GUI discussions, N900/N9 versions etc' and 'Installation' for my motivation. I run the script mainly on my desktop experimenting with commands for playing/stopping music etc

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: