Active Topics

Closed Thread
ENOUGH of this jolla spam!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
It seems that part is to do with Dalvik, so for legal reasons no it couldnt. Its not a free thing so Nokia would have to pay for Dalvik to run on the N9.
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
And for this community to bring dalvik to Meego Harmattan.... It would be stealing right?
Guys. It would help a lot if you could check twice before posting something. DALVIK (the Android VM) is free and open source (apache license). Nothing stops you from porting it to your N9, N900 or Nokia 3310 for all we care.

MYRIAD ALIEN DALVIK is a different thing.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
nokia n9 and n950 has same os.... and n9 is far bettter than n950...
so it will b definitely available for nokia n9 by hackers...

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
I actually don't care whether Sailfish OS will be available on N9 (and not because I don't own one).
The question is deeper. Sailfish is Mer + some parts of Nemo + Jolla UI.
So for sure we know that two parts of it are free software. Therefore we can port it even to different architecture, not only N9. The question is whether Jolla UI part is free software? Alien Dalvik definitely is not, so you cannot run Android apps on other devices unless you implement your own Dalvik port.
So it is necessary to define "hack", what does it mean, that experienced hacker can port it? Does it mean that he can take binary build and force it to run on a different device, or does it mean he can adapt this software to run on a different device by hacking the source.
For me, the first way is not acceptable, i. e. I wouldn't use such a port to N9, and I would prefer to run Nemo. By running it I would know I contribute to it's development, even by reporting bugs, and by asking people to port some FLOSS to it.

Last edited by norayr; 2012-11-22 at 14:35.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Bring it on! Any info about a possible alternative OS for the N9 or N950 is a positive thing, surely?
I, for one, am interested. As much as I like the MeeGo OS, it's lacking in a few departments and is not as user friendly as other Nokia's I own.
I think a Sailfish thread is applicable, especially when I read this on Jolla's FB page;
"Sailfish Jolla operating system is an extension developed by Nokia and Intel's MeeGo open operating system"
The more info, the better!

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2012-11-22 at 17:39. Reason: Add more info.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
hi guyzz can y0u plz put iph0ne in my nokia i wnt play skyrim in ma fone plz thx a lot hackers you rOo0ck

Last edited by Hariainm; 2012-11-22 at 17:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
hi guyzz can y0u plz put iph0ne in my nokia i wnt play skyrim in ma fone plz thx a lot hackers you rOo0ck
Seeing as a number of members have already rejected Sailfish OS from Jolla as an alternative, up and coming OS, I can't see them having anything to do with iPhone OS.

Having a Nokia N9 or N950 means you don't want an iPhone.

Good luck with that request, but I think you are in the wrong forum altogether!

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
** Sorry, post edited **

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-11-22 at 18:35.

It may be possible, Android has been ported to Nokia, albeit, it doesn't work 100%, so it may be feasible to port iOS to Nokia, but why in my mind, no point. Just my opinion!

Sailfish for N9? Officially -> A BIG NO.
But unofficially -> Possible if developed by N9 Dev
* As some might aware from youtube, its already running on N950

so far all im interested is the ability to run android app. Hopefully some dev will work their magic to make android app to run on Meego.

Interm of Ui, i still love the way Meego looks.

Closed Thread

Tags
harmattantrolls, n9isforkids, nosailfishforu, yessailfishforu