Active Topics

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
does anyone whether N900 with KP51 R1 and CSSU testing latest supports NTFS format ? anyone tried formatting their internal storage to NTFS ?

Originally Posted by pichlo;12)
Another app that is not essential but would be nice is a media player that does not index my collection. I mean, at all. I have my music organized neatly in folders, that's all the indexing I need. All t is, click on a folder and play all songs in that folder alphabetically.)
I use Symfonie for this reason.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The only app that I am missing on it is a decent calculator. There are a few basic ones that are usable and a few scientific ones which look cool but have an unusable UI (like TI 48 - cluttered UI with buttons so small as to be unreadable), and of course a few that have an unusable UI without even being cool (I shall not name and shame here ).
Quick reply....
Qalculette, a QML "scientific" calculator
procalc is for programmer's calculator
galculator port
Miscellaneous:
Limit - calculating mathematical limits for Maemo 4 & 5
Integral - calculating mathematical integrals for Maemo 4 & 5
Derivative - calculating mathematical derivatives for Maemo 4 & 5
Nokia Handwriting Calculator (a deb for Maemo 4 available; apparently, not ported to Maemo 5)
TiEmu 2 (Screen rotation or real keyboard required)
Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-10-16 at 23:19. Reason: galculator port, TiEmu 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks, Wikiwide. I tried and did not like Qalculette (it was an example of one of those with a horrendous UI ) Limit, Integral and Derivative are not quite what I am after. I will give the rest a try.

At the moment, I am using MathJinni. It is the closest to what I am after with the best UI.

EDIT: Tried Galculator. It is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot for the head-up. What a shame it is not in the Fremantle repository so I could not find it by normal search. I eventually found it in the Diablo repository here. That site is a gold mine BTW.

@lancewex,

Thanks, Symfonie is just what I wanted. Simple, no indexing, no tracker. Brilliant.

Now that I no longer need tracker for indexing my music collection, can I uninstall it or will it break something?

Last edited by pichlo; 2012-10-18 at 00:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
does anyone whether N900 with KP51 R1 and CSSU testing latest supports NTFS format ? anyone tried formatting their internal storage to NTFS ?
A little late but better than never.
You shouldn't format the internal storage to NTFS, at least not any filesystem which contains executable programs.
NTFS support is only really useful if you're gonna use NTFS-formatted microSD cards and/or USB disks. In that case just install fuse and ntfs-3g and you're ready to go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

Another app that is not essential but would be nice is a media player that does not index my collection. I mean, at all. I have my music organized neatly in folders, that's all the indexing I need. All I want is, click on a folder and play all songs in that folder alphabetically.
I use SomePlayer because it includes a graphic equalizer. It also does not index anything.

Also, if you are new to the N900 make sure you look up info on how to boost the FM Transmitter.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-11-24 at 03:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post: