Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by shutdown View Post
Hi,

sometimes when i close and re-open the app i can't write in chat and i must wait few second for write.

Other user have this little problem? i think it's normal with a unstable version.

If you have any idea ask me.

Last question: When other update?
If when you say close and re+open the app, you mean quit and open (qiut on settings menu), then is normal, that is because is synchronizing contacs (depends on how many you have, more time will slow).

Greetings.

Hi just installed it works great!! but i cant see if any friend is online when i select create chat select any friend hes seen offline .. although my other mobile was online it was giving offline signal... but after i typed in a message it sent received n chat started .. but how do i suppose to knw who is online and who is not??

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
You don't. That's not the meaning of "Online" that WhatsApp uses.

In WhatsApp (I guess you haven't used any official client) "Online" means the user has WhatsApp as the foreground application in his phone (it is currently chatting with someone) and Offline means the application is in the background.

In your concept of online, everybody is online all the time since WhatsApp is always running all the time in everybody's phone and there's no way to stop it.

yh ur right .. using N900 since never ever needed anyother phone :P , a noob but still idk how i managed to run the app thanks for the help n quick reply

when someone sends me a pic or even post it on grp, either i am not able to see that or most of the time yappari disconnects and remain as it is till the time the sender tries to send that picture. as soon as the sender stops trying, yappari connects again. when the sender tries to send the pic , i get protocol excpetion error most of the time.

shall i send the log file ?

Read the thread... That's the offline multimedia bug which I just can't fix. Try to be connected and logged in when somebody sends you a pic.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Read the thread... That's the offline multimedia bug which I just can't fix. Try to be connected and logged in when somebody sends you a pic.
i am connected to internet at that time and logged in. i am chatting wid d sender most of the time someone tries to send me a pic and it disconnects, in the middle of the chat.

That definitely doesn't happen to me.

And by the way with the offline bug, at the second time it retries I always get my picture, but looks like people here never get it and Yappari reconnects after all the tries and the picture sending expires.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
That definitely doesn't happen to me.

And by the way with the offline bug, at the second time it retries I always get my picture, but looks like people here never get it and Yappari reconnects after all the tries and the picture sending expires.

anything which can be done ?

and i am from india doing engineering in computer science. from past 2 months, i am into android app development. i really want a stable whatsapp type client for n900 badly. is there any way that i can contribute in development of yappari towards a stable version coz i love this app
and moreover , i am curious to know when will multimedia msgs feature will be enabled in yappari ?

Read your log, if you read something like:

read(): There was a Protocol Exception: Invalid list size in readListSize: token 0x##

Then there's nothing I can do. That means the stream comes corrupted from WhatsApp servers.

What do you mean with "Multimedia Messages feature"?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp