Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So you like the N9? Saturated colors same on L800 or N9... Oh I see to official Nokia staff you say you like the N9 but here you call it a taliban phone... What a hypocrite...
Oh my, we have another Minister of Information here.......this was prior to the pr1.3 update, we were all hoping for improvements that didnt come. Another proof that Jolla cant hack it, and it became a classic Taliban phone. Full of promise, all dressed up, but too reeeetarded to go anywhere.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Oh my, we have another Minister of Information here.......this was prior to the pr1.3 update, we were all hoping for improvements that didnt come. Another proof that Jolla cant hack it, and it became a classic Taliban phone. Full of promise, all dressed up, but too reeeetarded to go anywhere.
Well you were ******ed at that point already so stop spreading FUD about pr1.3 etc etc...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well you were ******ed at that point already so stop spreading FUD about pr1.3 etc etc...
Its a dead product so who cares anyways. Nobody wanted it. Should have been aborted prior to launch, if you ask me.

Uh oh:

Name:  phoneos.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  54.0 KB

http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pre...mScore+News%29

@Lumiaman

ooo

The facts are not looking so good for you Lumiaman.

Actually Lumiaman the reason I am here is because I like Maemo (or more correctly a decent attempt at a nearly proper Linux) on Nokia hardware, it is not a dead product as far as I am concerned, it still continues to meet my needs.

I have no particular issues with Nokia and if they are able to make a successful WP8 phone then good luck to them but I am seriously miffed that they chose to do so at the expense of my requirements and I very much doubt they will succeed anymore than Microsoft accomplished with Zune, or any of the other WPn flavours.

I do believe that the industry has moved on from Microsoft and it is only application infrastructure intertia and quite frankly, distasteful patent tactics that is allowing them to slow the hemorrhaging of any semblance of mindshare.

rgds

ps. In case you hadn't worked it out, not being from a third world country and all that, the reason I am not going to upgrade my cave is because it doesn't have "Windows".

Just thought I'd spell that out for you.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
We can only speculate, my guess would be:

Symbian was too much under a competitors (NOKIA's) control whereas Google/Android was seen as neutral. I have read any third-party submission to the Symbian Foundation's code base needed NOKIA's approval and that was rarely given.

Symbian made hardware integration difficult, Android made it much easier and processors and RAM in smartphones had reached the level they could take up the slack of a less efficient OS.
while TA will cry that symbian app store was the greatest (in terms of size he might even be right) it was the most tiresome for devs. so many symbian versions (s30/40/60/v3/v5) even if one Nokia phone had a good app it was EXTREMELY unlikely devs spent extra 3x more work to support all keyboard layouts/screen resolutions etc. Fragmentation was killing symbian from start. iOS with single form/design factor was killing it, elop could release 20 memos, wouldn't hurt it as much as that single fact did. NOK control or APPL... discuss if you want, but APPL didn't make it less controlled to win.

In 2010 NOKIA and Symbian attracted more new customers than either Apple or Samsung. Not delusion, verifiable fact. In Q1 2011 Elop deprecates Symbian/MeeGo. Not delusion, verifiable fact. You should try working with facts, you'll struggle at first but I'm sure you'll the hang of it.
You should also take these numbers with a bit of salt. TA gives numbers for Q4/Q1, while a slump is visible this way, the slowing growth (thanks to the greatest failed and superbly marketed concepts of N97/mini) would be much more visible with monthly data. Feb announcement is 2 months into the failure Q1. Q4 might look good (which TA abuses to make his point) but was also slowing down rapidly. The memo wasn't an unsupported leak. A lot of people with instant access to the data decided a change to strategy was vital. If Q2/Q3 released devices were a hit you'd not see any big change in sale figures. People still buy good products. Blaming it all on Elop is good narrative for TA, fact is few flagship devices were very sub-par and NOK was getting out of touch (I do agree memo had some part to it, but definitely not as that guy is proposing/interpreting)

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
@ Lumiaman

I was just reading TA's blog, I saw this and thought of you:
"Symbian was the bestselling smartphone OS in Latin America (which has more mobile phone users than North America) and the bestselling smartphone OS in Europe (which is bigger than Latin America); and the bestselling smartphone OS of Africa (which has more mobile users than North and Latin America combined); and the bestselling smartphones OS of Asia (bigger than North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia and Africa - combined)."
Yes, live in pink Tomi's world where everyone was happy with Nokia and the words 'burning platform' came out of nowhere. It is not that every analyst was scared of how fast sales were dropping (from June/July so by the time Q4 hit the praised Tomi growth was FAR FAR FAR below expectations). solution to stopping the train of NOK fanboys (were there any at the time or were all expected to be rebuyers, hence his deductions about stopping a train of users out of Nokia is just as misleading) leaving to other platforms was in Tomi's pink history: stick to your 'best'

Here's something else you might find interesting:
"Nokia sold 103.6 million smartphones in 2010. Nokia GREW smartphone sales in 2010 by 53% from the year before. Nokia added 35.8 million new smartphone customers during 2010, compared to 22.4 million new smartphone customers added by Apple, 17.0 million added by Samsung and 13.4 million added by RIM."

This is quite an interesting blog post, it reveals Elop and the board new exactly the possible (imo inevitable) outcome of deprecating Symbian/MeeGo and adopting Windows Phone yet they carried on and did so anyway without even having a plan B.
Yeah. Nokia failed symbian products had nothing to do with it. Tomi's crazy sounding calling Elop idiot 3-4 times, ****** 2 more, calling for investigation 10+... so professional... aside from lunacy in his post judge his appraisals: Symbian as top app market, lol. Nokia going further downhill (how many as Tomi is now, discussed 'burning platform'? somehow consensus at the time was NOK was losing massively to iOS, people discussed the strategy not the whole pink world Tomi is painting currently, everyone knew Symbian was dead). I am yet to see how TA replies to overwhelming 920 adoption, so far he claims it is astroturfers and deletes comments that tend to point his weaknesses. Buy his book, definitely best nostradamus rerelease around

Last edited by szopin; 2013-01-04 at 19:43. Reason: quote tags mishap

Oh my, switch hitter and utmy got slam dunked.....oh my

On the good front, Nokia stock is up to $4.2

Is this a good thing?

Nokia Oyj Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (NOK)

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha