I have discovered an odd thing. I have a crappy service provider called 3, they have limited my phone to 3g. And i have lousy reception in my apartment, and at my work. However i found out that it gets better when i dony have the phone in my hand. And owning a n9 and dont holding it is some what hard. Now i discovered if i just surf the web, and use opera i can do it holding the phone up side down. And then i never loose reception at all. Should it be that sensitive? I don't mind it tho, but its sorta annoying. Mostly because opera don't support my Swedish keyboard. And typing is doable but over complicated.

Have anyone else discovered this useless treasure feature? It even work out in the woods..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
The 3G antenna is positioned at the bottom. See page 8 of the manual. That might explain some of your findings.

And I guess it can make a big difference between "good enough" and "not good enough" for reception.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
3 are an awful company-I had trial with them for two weeks. They:
-tried to mislead me by barefaced lying into making calls and texts on the trial SIM which would have tied me in for two years
-when I couldn't get a signal, told me that 'the engineers have just discovered that the antennae are facing into the park rather than the town and are going to be turning them around any day now'
- got really aggressive and personally rude when I tried to cancel the trial

Also their signal was almost non-existent

Apart from that they were OK

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
you can install N9QTweak, it allows you to use the phone, default browser and nearly all apps upside down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
you can install N9QTweak, it allows you to use the phone, default browser and nearly all apps upside down.
Maybe nearly all apps but not the phone as I see it?

Ups yes you are right just install B/7 too from Vesuri!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-01-09 at 00:29.

Originally Posted by shma View Post
I have discovered an odd thing. I have a crappy service provider called 3, they have limited my phone to 3g. And i have lousy reception in my apartment, and at my work. However i found out that it gets better when i dony have the phone in my hand. And owning a n9 and dont holding it is some what hard. Now i discovered if i just surf the web, and use opera i can do it holding the phone up side down. And then i never loose reception at all. Should it be that sensitive? I don't mind it tho, but its sorta annoying. Mostly because opera don't support my Swedish keyboard. And typing is doable but over complicated.

Have anyone else discovered this useless treasure feature? It even work out in the woods..
Ok we can use N9QTweak (B), so maybe it now will work for me too in my Swedish summerhouse in the forest which it haven't done before!
But I don' understand that you can't use your Swedish keyboard with Opera (Mobile)? As I see it you and I (Dane) use the same keyboard, I have æ, ø, å as well as ö, ä, å so what's the problem?

Last edited by Garp; 2013-01-09 at 00:47.

Yes but åäö are located in a special key s keyboard in opera.

Originally Posted by shma View Post
Yes but åäö are located in a special key s keyboard in opera.
meaning this?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Maybe nearly all apps but not the phone as I see it?

Ups yes you are right just install B/7 too from Vesuri!
But sorry that's not usable because turning phone upside down meaning that loudspeaker and microphone are also turned upside down and you can't hear and receiver can't hear!

I was with 3 for a month or so and what I do is hold the phone with 2 fingers (right index finger top right, right thumb bottom right) and the signal goes from 1 bar to 3 bars. Quite consistent for me but ymmv

The Following User Says Thank You to spectrax0x For This Useful Post: