Any signs or rumours of 0.4.0 release date yet? Spring, summer, autumn? Would be really nice to hear some progress update from elemental himself

Me too haha. @Elemental. Would sending more money your way help progress at all? Hope all is well.

I have bad news for all of you, sorry.
I decided to not release 0.4.0 version, because of the following reasons:
- I started completely new, fresh project of EmuMaster
- some work is still needed for 0.4.0 to be complete (perfect)
- people would start sending bugs, thus stopping me with new development
- I would be forced to develop two branches of project and I have not enough time for this

Why I decided to start completely new EmuMaster ?
I had some stunning ideas for long time in my head.
It's hard to implement most of them in the current architecture.
This ideas really makes huge difference.
I don't want to reveal the features I want to implement.
The only thing that I can say now:
- it uses Qt5
- it will be cross platform Linux, Meego, Windows, Android(hopefully with Qt5.1), and others
- of course saved data will be interchangeable between platforms
- much better compatibility
- much, much faster
- it addresses most of the issues of old project: e.g. no more save-state incompatibilities - it will be automatically tested
- many, many, many new features
- I keep a list of your requests and ideas for new version of EmuMaster and I covered most of them in new version, do not hesitate to tell me what you want more (but please do not send me requests for emulation of new consoles, I have plenty of them already)

I am very excited about current image of whole new project, but I don't expect to release it before this summer
But I am very commited to this project, as it is my best project ever and I will never give up on it. NEVER.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
I'm sad and excited, any chance to see some screen shots of the new emumaster?

also are you adding new game systems to this?

Originally Posted by waldo View Post
I'm sad and excited, any chance to see some screen shots of the new emumaster?

also are you adding new game systems to this?
Yes and yes, but in the right time.
The UI is also completely and do not base on existent components (in previous version I used qt-components heavily).
It's more designed like game menus... aah ... I would say more here, so you would be more excited, but I don't want reveal it yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
well I would be extremely excited if something like Dreamcast, saturn turbographix 16 or especially n94 were added. Just saying

I'm really looking forward to what you bring us either way and will remain patient

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Well, that's a bummer for 0.4.0
But great that you're going for a totally new emumaster

Hope to see this project will be reality asap!

Thanks for the update.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Thanks for the update Elemental. Nice to hear that you are still working very hard on emumaster. However, I'd like to make a suggestion :

0.4 beta version was already a nice improvement over 0.3. Of course, a lot of work was still needed to have a polished version, but emulation for snes and psx were greatly improved. The only drawback are the big red "BETA" tags in the middle of the screen.

I think many people here would be very pleased to be able to use this version (without the annoying tag). If you clearly state that it is not a stable version, that you won't fix any bug on this version, and if you keep 0.3 version on the store, I don't think it would be much more work for you. Just release your code in whatever state it is currently in, or if you made changes that introduced instabilities, just release the beta version from September 2012 without the tag, or with a little one in one corner if you want. That way, people would be able to enjoy SNES and PSX games on their N9, waiting for the next improved version.

Of course, it is your software, you're free to do whatever you want, but I think it would be nicer to have this development version to wait. Thanks again for your great work, and feel free to send again beta versions if you want some feedback and testing.

PS: don't know if you've seen, but Emumaster got ported to Plasma Active !

Last edited by AGui; 2013-02-19 at 22:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AGui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Due to the current state of the project, have the betatesters permission to share the current 0.4.0 beta version?