Active Topics

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Now, I am absolutely sure that LockSlider*.png images are taken from the default-theme folder-directory, not the current theme. I just don't know why.
Can you point me towards the place this bug comes from?
I apologise for the trouble. When copying alpha theme into a new theme, I had neglected to modify gtkrc file to point pixmap_path towards the new theme's images directory. Now all is quite well.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
New version (0.46-1maemo5+0cssu2) of obexd is in the repo.

This version removes plain L2CAP transport in OPP and FTP profiles. This didn't work and made troubles (non working OPP and FTP). It seems to me that there is not enough support in kernel part (I added it to my todo list).

New version (3.0.51+0m5+0cssu1) of hildon-thumbnail is in the repo.

This version blocks creation of thumbnails for obex (BT FTP) URIs. The problem with obex thumbnails is that hildonfm is using gnomevfs (depredicated) which I updated for maemo 5. But hildon-thumbnail is using new gvfs. Nobody rewrite obexftp module for gvfs in maemo 5 (I added it to my todo list).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
any update on your work on map support since last thumb/testing release?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
any update on your work on map support since last thumb/testing release?
Unfortunately no I realized that I have no device with MAP support. So I have no clue how can I test it. The plain support I tested with map-client but it has no notify/update support.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
if there's anything i can test, let me know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
new version of pixman (0.28.2+0m5+0cssu0) is in the repo, please test and report if it works ok/ko. This is the latest stable upstream and has more NEON optimizations compared to stock

P.S. the "stock" version is 0.16.2

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
New version (2.8.0+dfsg1-7maemo0+0cssu1) of libxml2 is in the repo.

This version contains several bug fixes and CVE fixes. It's the version from debian wheezy. I'm using it several weeks on my devel N900 without problems. Please test it and report back problems.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
new version of pixman (0.28.2+0m5+0cssu1) is in the repo, a workaround for our ancient xserver is forward-ported from the old versions.

This should fix glitches with some desktop widgets (Recaller and TouchSearch being reported)

Many thanks to ssvb @ #maemo for his help and patience

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
so many updates!
thanks for the hardwork!

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
dammit, it was in vain, I did a couple of cairo/pixman benchmarks, all point that there are performance regressions in upstream pixman compared to the one in fremantle

Honestly, not sure how to deal with that. But I guess it does not make sense to "upgrade" to something which brings performance regressions, esp when there are no bugs in stock pixman. afaik.

It is a tricky situation, as on couple of benchmarks upstream performs way better than stock. But it seems that on those that affect n900 most, it performs worse (16bit operations).

Maybe someone should raise a bug against upstream pixman, IDK. I'll try different versions, will choose the latest that performs well on n900.

Community SSU developer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, lockslider