Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Athens
@LightRain Wow! Seems like i can't stop thanking helpful people here.
Not really sure about what paying attention to the filename means, but with all the instruction that i have, i will feel stupid if i don't make it.. hehe

Thanks a lot (o;

@michaaa62 My skills are not so good, i usually go through a lot of reading and searching the threads here, before i do install or download anything.
And i already enabled the partition and rebooted and after that, almost all the app. icons are gone from the menu. Some applications, still work though ,like web, media pl. phone calls.. The strange thing is, that if i get a msg and try to open it, conversations are empty, the same with loss calls..
Can i still check it with a linux PC if i don't have backupmenu installed?
Because i don't think that the phone will be able to install anything right now..
Cheers (o:

I mean, the flashing command example on maemo wiki is like this:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

I suppose you use a global firmware version, so you need to download the file RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (PR 1.3) and then change the command to:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

P/S: You can check on a linux PC even without backupmenu installed, as I mentioned in my previous post, with this

Last edited by LightRain; 2013-05-18 at 19:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to LightRain For This Useful Post:
@LightRain Thanks dude.. i am heading home to check it..

So here is a brief guide:
1. Boot into Linux (your Linux should be 32 bit), download these
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases...157.armv7l.rpm
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases...0.3.armv7l.rpm
2.Extract the downloaded files and you should have a boot directory (and usr and lib)
3.Download and install flasher
http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/maemo...5.2.2_i386.deb
Install with:
cd Downloads
sudo dpkg -i maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2_i386.deb (supposedly your downloaded files is in the Downloads directory)
You will need to press ok to confirm the installation.
4.All your files should be in the Downloads directory, do this
sudo flasher-3.5 -k boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35.3-10.3-n900 -n boot/initrd.img-rescue-2.6.35.3-10.3-n900 -l -b"rootdelay=1 root=/dev/ram0"
5.Turn off N900. Connect the usb cable, slide keyboard out, wait a bit, the boot menu will appear, but the screen will be very dim, you will need to look closely.
6. Press "u" key on N900. The phone drive should be shown in your linux machine now.
7. Turn on Gparted, select the 32GB drive (N900), unmount all partitions and do a file system check. It shouldn't take long.
8. Reboot I guess.

Last edited by LightRain; 2013-05-18 at 20:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LightRain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Well there are some cases also in this forum, where the internal memory simply deteriorates.
Shouldn't formatting find and mark bad blocks? Although I agree that once the MMC starts going it will probably just go.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Shouldn't formatting find and mark bad blocks? Although I agree that once the MMC starts going it will probably just go.
Mine already had this problem 3 times in a row
Though the cause was that after 1st encounter emmc image wont flash beyond 20% and i thought my N900 was going to die
But now after trying from different machine I was to reflash my N900 completely. Since them no problem so far.