Active Topics

this has been happening since I got the new batteries (when I got them, I put it on the N900 and charged it till full and then turned the device on.)

and it just stays like this

it only changed when the battery is at 5%. Is reflash the only solution?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
i had this before then i installed advanced power it brings new status icon and it is working good

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
No success for me
installed advance power and then rebooted.

Then it first showed a grey battery icon, then displayed a "diconnected the charger" message (I didn't have it plugged in) and then reverted back to the green battery icon (in full again)

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ United States
It may be the battery itself. You mentioned it was a new battery... is it an official Nokia battery? See this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=742060&postcount=2

Basically I believe the circuitry inside the battery that reports to the N900 the charge level of the battery isn't there/doesn't do its job and you get the problem you're describing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to polarbear For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
It may be the battery itself. You mentioned it was a new battery... is it an official Nokia battery? See this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=742060&postcount=2

Basically I believe the circuitry inside the battery that reports to the N900 the charge level of the battery isn't there/doesn't do its job and you get the problem you're describing.
It must be this, and yea it's a fake battery from a phone shop so I guess I should've expected something bad like that.

i should try getting some online instead (from dr frost's recommended batteries, too)

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I have a similar problem, but quite a different conditions.

My battery level is stuck on 0%. It is very unlikely that is is a battery problem, since I have 4 batteries (A,B,C,D... all original Nokia batteries) which I cycle all the time and charge in a cheap chinese desktop charger.

Few days ago, the battery icon got stuck at 0%, but for all the batteries, no matter how I changed them. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Also nothing happens when I connect the charger. BNF shows 0% as well. I also tried to restart BME, but nothing changed.

Last edited by nodevel; 2013-06-11 at 07:02.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Bump. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Maybe the hardware battery meter chip is broken?
Is it possible it has something to do with cycling the batteries ~2 times a day?