Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Aurinko View Post
It seems that there still isn't a way to sync Dropbox with full paths on the N9.

I'd really like this feature to do development on device.

Is the DropN900 the only opensource project with the sync ability (and hasn't anybody ported it to N9)?

I'm a developer (with not much experience in Dropbox or web stuff, more experience on OpenGL related stuff with C++). I might be interested to try working on some solutions for syncing with paths. (But don't count on me doing it, as I have other projects.)

What would be the best starting point for a (preferably) C++ app. (Can be command line or GUI, I don't care. As long as it's opensource so that there's something that works already). Should I just try porting DropN900 (which is written in python)... Is there some reason why that can't be done? Or is there some other project or example that could get me started?
DronN9 has already been ported to harmattan, so there is no problem using dropbox from 3rd party client. The problem is that its not integrated part of the system. If I have some spare time someday, I might give a shot for writing accounts plugin that uses dropbox V1 API's, which can be used to replace the system plugin.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I'm already doing that for Dropian. Care to merge?
Sync is not yet allowed generally as an API extension without raping servers and battery.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
DronN9 has already been ported to harmattan, so there is no problem using dropbox from 3rd party client. The problem is that its not integrated part of the system. If I have some spare time someday, I might give a shot for writing accounts plugin that uses dropbox V1 API's, which can be used to replace the system plugin.
DropN9, last time I tried, didn't do syncing with the paths preserved. It didn't actually do syncing at all, only download and upload of files.

What I need is an app that pulls an entire folder from Dropbox, and preserves the paths. And when I want it to, it will upload this entire folder back to Dropbox. It doesn't need to be "always on" syncing. A manual upload button and download button would be fine, as long as I don't have to tell it each time to sync these and those files.

I don't need any other kind of Dropbox integration.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aurinko For This Useful Post:
I that case you just want to use juiceme's rsynch script "cloudsync.sh". Or if you want to use dropbox, then you need to do some coding yourself
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
Hi, as of now i can't share anything to my dropbox account with my n9. Not even a jpeg image.. can anybody help me with this??

Originally Posted by ruplee76 View Post
Hi, as of now i can't share anything to my dropbox account with my n9. Not even a jpeg image.. can anybody help me with this??
Use some externel dropbox client that are avail in ovi store. Buildtin dropbox uses old api which doesnt work anymore, and Nokia decided not to release a fix for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Use some externel dropbox client that are avail in ovi store. Buildtin dropbox uses old api which doesnt work anymore, and Nokia decided not to release a fix for it.
can you suggest me one? already using dropian. Its awesome but want something which can be used to share files from my n9 to dropbox, not vice versa. Thanks in advance

What's wrong with uploading in Dropian?
I'm still working on ShareUI plugin.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@Bojan, remember set Hong Kong available for Dropian , LOL...

@Aurinko that's against Dropbox ToS.
@TMavica LOL, ok