Active Topics

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Does it say NOKIA where it should? I see that all places where the logo should be are covered with stickers. I'm also wondering if N9 screens are actually AMOLED. On ebay it always says LCD. Even if I search with AMOLED it shows some results with both AMOLED and LCD in the description.
I havent opened mine yet to start rebuilding it.

where should it say Nokia??

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
do you know why this screen looks different on the reverse? it has no little metal teeth thingings?
I havent cracked mine open yet, do you have pictures to compare it too?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I'm very much interested in the quality of the amoled lcd screen as well as I have cracked mine. The prices on that site look quite interesting and shipping to my country is fast.
Please keep us updated ... Thank you in advance for your precius feedback!!!

I will probably change my screen out in a couple of weeks, my inlaws are in the country visiting, so Im pretty busy at the moment

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
I havent opened mine yet to start rebuilding it.

where should it say Nokia??

I havent cracked mine open yet, do you have pictures to compare it too?
the best i can do is link from ebay

this one has no projections

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3308607961...84.m1423.l2649

this one does

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3008924433...84.m1423.l2649

I'm just starting to notice that some of these screens on ebay do not have the Nokia Logo!!

I really concerned about ordering one now!

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
the best i can do is link from ebay

this one has no projections

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3308607961...84.m1423.l2649

this one does

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3008924433...84.m1423.l2649

I'm just starting to notice that some of these screens on ebay do not have the Nokia Logo!!

I really concerned about ordering one now!
thats the bad thing about ebay, they put stock photos then its a gamble to see if you actually get that part

I will probably change my screen out in a couple of weeks, my inlaws are in the country visiting, so Im pretty busy at the moment
hey! just be careful when using the screwdriver (t4 if you can't find the torx+ that you will need)

before that you turn the screwdriver, make sure that you have secured the scrwedriver to the screw and without turning back the screwdriver or loosening, do the work need... hope i can explain myself, my english sucks hahaha

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
thats the bad thing about ebay, they put stock photos then its a gamble to see if you actually get that part
I agree! a bit of a concern that some do not have the Nokia logo?

Unless their made in the same factory and the logo was removed?

Any ideas why one screen would be completely black on the back and another with metal teeth things?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I believe that the ones that look completely black on the back are without frame. I've read that in that case the frame has to be removed from the old screen and installed on the new one.
As I haven't done it myself yet I don't know if that's an easy and safe process or not.
Maybe it would be easier to buy an lcd assembly that includes the frame and just swap the part.
I'm looking for suggestions as well before buying the part and replace my broken lcd (just the glass). Thank you in advance

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
I believe that the ones that look completely black on the back are without frame. I've read that in that case the frame has to be removed from the old screen and installed on the new one.
As I haven't done it myself yet I don't know if that's an easy and safe process or not.
Maybe it would be easier to buy an lcd assembly that includes the frame and just swap the part.
I'm looking for suggestions as well before buying the part and replace my broken lcd (just the glass). Thank you in advance
This is correct. If you buy a screen without the assembly, it will have to be removed from your old screen with a heat gun. I would spend the extra money to find one WITH the screen assembly.
And FYI, if the screen does NOT have the Nokia logo, it is definitely not legit. However, just because it has the logo doesn't make it legit either...

Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
you can't replace only the glass. the screen is always the combination of the oled digitalizer and the gorilla glass...

if you rtry to separate the glass and the oled screen you will have a nice useless black screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, replace unibody