Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Originally Posted by b-rockSA View Post
Hey guys,

My phone is so slow without Faster n9, almost to the point of inoperability. So Thanx guys.

My battery however barely lasts a day, any help?
How long was your battery lasting before you installed FasterN9? I think going a day on a full charge with the N9 is pretty acceptable, especially if you're running Wazapp and gmail accounts that constantly need to be online.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
How long was your battery lasting before you installed FasterN9? I think going a day on a full charge with the N9 is pretty acceptable, especially if you're running Wazapp and gmail accounts that constantly need to be online.
I dont think wazapp is constantly online and you can change email to check emails for every hour or so

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Hi traysh

About a version for openmode and incepted devices. Could non open/incepted phones use them if installed though the Harmattan Trusted Repo by coderus ?

Btw, thanks for your work

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi traysh,

I currently running unstable 1.1.7, I noticed this bad behavior since using it :

In the 'SMS UI', when I send a message, the 'UI' doesn't refresh properly.
I have to tap on the top left 'Messages' icon to return to the list of messages, then here I can see the message was sent properly (time indication).

To fix this trouble, I have modified back this part in the 'syspart.conf' :

Code:
[partition standby_ui]
path /syspart/system/applications/standby
cpu-shares 64
memory-limit 450M
mem-account on
mem-reaccount on
To :

Code:
[partition standby_ui]
path /syspart/system/applications/standby
memory-limit 500M
mem-account on
mem-reaccount on
Now the 'UI' refresh properly some seconds after I push on the 'Send' button.

Hope it help ...

A++

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Question for the poll if N9 is in open mode:
I have installed inception, so is it in open mode?

excuse me for foolish question

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
No, it is not!

inception uses a loop hole to bypass aegis security framework.
open mode kernel doesn't have aegis enabled as far as i understand...

you can run the following command to see your status
Code:
#accli -I

Last edited by mcbook; 2013-07-11 at 11:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
I'm running version 1.1.7 and noticed some problem with the GPS fix. Maps sometimes crashes, Drive takes too long to fix the GPS signal, idem Nelisquare.

I'm having horrible issues with the tracker and SMS UI.

It only links messages to their respective contacts after a reboot. Any sent message afterwards, if starting a new thread as SMS or chat will result in displaying the contact address (number or accountname from chats) instead of the contact it's assigned to.

Can we do something about this?

My current solution was to reset tracker and resync contacts, loosing all my messages in the process.

On a completely other note.

Would it be worth contemplating to write a GUI for fasterN9, with a stock setup of system apps to some nonproplematic priorities and having a daemon that slowly adapts 3rd party apps priorities through observing their daily use over a time?

That'd most likely kick ***.

Is it possible?

Cheers

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
I'm having horrible issues with the tracker and SMS UI.

It only links messages to their respective contacts after a reboot. Any sent message afterwards, if starting a new thread as SMS or chat will result in displaying the contact address (number or accountname from chats) instead of the contact it's assigned to.

Can we do something about this?

My current solution was to reset tracker and resync contacts, loosing all my messages in the process.

On a completely other note.

Would it be worth contemplating to write a GUI for fasterN9, with a stock setup of system apps to some nonproplematic priorities and having a daemon that slowly adapts 3rd party apps priorities through observing their daily use over a time?

That'd most likely kick ***.

Is it possible?

Cheers
I'm not sure this tracker corruptions are caused by FasterN9, but it is possible. This problem has been rarely reported, so it's difficult to say for sure.

The problem of having a GUI is that editing the system file that controls the priorities is dangeours (and requires a reboot). There would be a risk of malf after every edit. That's why I never did it.

I found a way sometime ago to reduce the side effects of FasterN9 a lot by tweaking the processes IO priorities, so I wouldn't need to change the CPU priorities so much. The problem is that aegis won't let me do that in not open-mode phones, and don't have the time to learn how to work arround that, so it's very frustrating.

Shouldn't it be possible now to write an app that has full access to anything with coderus aegis-installer now?