Active Topics

Originally Posted by LinuxCub View Post
Were you doing this DOS/WIndoze thing where you _assumed_ that the current directory would be part of the search-path for executables/commands ?

In Unix/Linux, simply "cd"-ing to a directory containing a command and then typing the commandname won't work, unless you then actually type "./commandname".

Do you see what I mean ?
Yep, I always forget that. Still a Linux newb. N9 made me use linux and learn stuff of it.

i have a slightly weird problem with 5ghz that im not sure is related to the hidden channels problem you guys have.

i have a ddwrt router with single/double/dynamic bandwidth options {20, 40, 20/40, respectively} for setting the extra channel in 5ghz.

if i choose 20, the n9 works perfectly correctly, and remembers the network.
if i choose 40, the n9 cant see it at all {makes sense}

the weird problem is if i choose 20/40.
my n9 can see the router, connect to it, and get on the internet.
however, it sees the network as a new network every time, prompting for the wpa key. it stores a copy of it each time in the list of internet connections, and no fiddling with the settings can convince it that the network is the same network, even while its still currently connected.

anyone else experience this, and/or have a workaround?

{if the networking code is available somewhere, this is probably a one-liner to fix. anyone know where the source might live?}

Mobile gear (notebook,smartphone, tablets...) not work with 40

thanks for the response. however, i am quite aware of this already, and it is not the issue i am facing.

my problem is that when using 20/40, the n9 connects properly at 20 like it should, and then proceeds to identify the same SSID as a new SSID repeatedly.
to be clear, the wifi works pefectly with my n9, it just prompts me for my wpa every time i switch networks, and wont automatically connect.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@LinuxClub just because of security reasons. But you can always add $PWD to PATH, and voila!
:-) I am LinuxCub, not LinuxClub (I am only one person) :-) And I have been using Linux since 1995. My post was not meant for you, I realise you are quite a guru, and I thank you for your work for the N9.

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" That is why I replied in the way I did, to encourage Morpog to understand what was going on.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Well, it wasnt about your knowledge also. just posted about way to make shell simpler for newibles