Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
If the camera socket would fit only N900 cams and the only source for such cam modules were old N900 to canibalize, then this wouldn't meet our project policy. Everybody shall be able to buy a complete Neo900, incl working camera.
Camera module is the same for N900, N85, N96 and N79

A suitable camera module replacement (if one cannot find one labeled specifically for the N900) is the camera module from either the N85, N96, or N79. They are all the same. - https://wiki.maemo.org/N900_camera_sensor

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Count me in...

Dream spec.... N900 replicated 100 percent and faster processor....maemo fully working and community support.

Wet dream spec high res oled display.

I dont want iphone clone or android....

Great thread...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Wish I could change my vote now...been reading alot o stuff over the past couple of days...I was keeping my expectation low with my hope in the beginning and it did reflect my vote...(750 euro to can. dollar is $1040-ish)...so I figured what this could be at best is a basic sw opening/upgrading...so I aimed my vote at 350 euro ...and intending on two units.

Now my view is different. No pressure here guys [heheh]..but if you guys can deliver... can pull rainbow farting penguins singing and dancing "ragtime gal" outta hats on this one...(sorry i was multi tasking and watching looney tunes...the imagery and song hasn't left my head only twisted slightly)....then my lady is waiting a little for her neo900...(sorry honey... love is grand and all...but whoops! under-the-bus-she-goes..ach!... she'll understand ...until she sees mine...) and I would have no prob paying 700+ euros for one...hell... I'll pay more to trip the sucker out into a freakin' beast.

After doing alot of reading...it either works and I invest in the neo900 project...or...it doesn't and I am taking direct aim and investing time, effort and money toward the gta04 and muddle through as best I can...

Actually too ...I was looking at a couple of things in my researching...now that someone mentions it...I'm not tryin to deviate from course or direction...but I am curious...so I shall ask those far smarter than I ...joerg...dos1
how doable is a 4.3 lcd and how compatible would it be...Finding exact specs is like looking for a needle...but I did find this ..pretty much common knowledge..
http://boardzoo.com/index.php/beagle...bone-lcd4.html
..but how would compatabilty be ..
as well if the freerunner used a 2.8 toppoly....would this be applicable....
http://www.tradekey.com/product-free...d-3823156.html
yet again finding any detailed specs was irritating
I know my own angst has been going down from n8x0 4.3 to a smaller screen and keyboard with the n900...the 4.3 is goldilocks perfect IMO ...not too big...not too small.
As far as wishing goes... a 4.3 with even no physical keyboard...a couple micro-usb instead of a physical keyboard.....running fremantle...heheh the neo800...ah well...thought I would throw the question of lcd compat. into the confusion...

As well on a bit of humour ...the collision of concepts with the ever-present "device-that-will-not-die" and someone else calling it the "ZOKIA" ...I do think we are heading to an obvious conclusion...the device did die...BUT IT WOULDN'T STAY DOWN!..and the "ZOKIA" (though I'm sure Nokia would fight saying it's too close to their own name) is the perfect name since the perfect penguin icon which would be something somewhere around one of these "unkillables"...

or..

and I do love this ..

zombie penguin with penguin head in hand knitted by a granny...heheh

I can see it now...the competition running screaming ...OMG...it's a ZOKIA!!!!!

hehe...kinda like futurama where prof. farnsworth states that after the 3rd and 4th Coming ...everyone began to realize that Jesus wasn't really coming back...he was a zombie...hence his constant phrase..."Sweet Zombie Jesus!"....I think that our z-line (I really like the name) devices are proof of concept

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-09-03 at 06:31. Reason: omission

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by chrischras View Post
Hej!

(... but only a bit of a little bigger display?)
If enough people are intrested in bigger display and keyboard then we hopefully can go together and use the finished neo900 project as a base to add that.

Last edited by electroaudio; 2013-09-02 at 20:26.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
endsormeans,
I count that as "another one changed his vote from <700 to >=700", thus we now have 3 phantom 700+ voters, 2 of them migrating from the lower half of field, one visitor without tmo account.

For the LCD, it all depends on the interface. The Nokia LCD is not compatible with the Toppoly we used in GTA0x so far, so we need to adapt the interface to plug into flex ribbon connector of N900. Basically you can swap complete N900 upper half (the screen slide half) onto a Neo900 kbd/body. We don't build any own components in upper/screen half.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
endsormeans,
I count that as "another one changed his vote from <700 to >=700", thus we now have 3 phantom 700+ voters, 2 of them migrating from the lower half of field, one visitor without tmo account.

For the LCD, it all depends on the interface. The Nokia LCD is not compatible with the Toppoly we used in GTA0x so far, so we need to adapt the interface to plug into flex ribbon connector of N900. Basically you can swap complete N900 upper half (the screen slide half) onto a Neo900 kbd/body. We don't build any own components in upper/screen half.

/j
Yeah I figured that the nokia lcd was a no-go...but I did have a glimmer of hope for the beagle 4.3 cape considering rough compat. and ...a little more hope for the toppoly 4.3 considering openmoko ran theirs on toppoly lcd 2.8......but I couldn't really hunt down much but rough specs at best for toppoly lcd's ..so I thought I'd run that past you guys...find out what your thoughts were....

edit : I just found this technical data on the specifics for toppoly's 4.3...not sure if it would work on the gta04 or the "Franken-Z" (hehe) though....

http://www.docin.com/p-43614924.html

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-09-03 at 07:50. Reason: whoops..I did find tech. details...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
i will pay 700 euros, too. promise. {i was 600}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Speaking of regressions, I would consider a capacitive touchscreen a liability that would hinder usability. But that's just me...
Same here, and it would be a unforgiveable one. Fortunately, it's out of question - Neo900 was said to use whole screen module from N900.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
edit:// The n900 camera is on a flexi-ribbon. You could just use the camera module from an N900.
Wut?

No, it is not. Unless you're talking about front camera, which, indeed, is on flexo, but of course it stays with screen module. I hope it will be usable, i.e. have working and usable pins in composited screen module.

Main camera is just connected by spring-pins and standard camera module lock mechnism, no flex.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure whether this has been addressed yet; but, will the Neo900 have the same wireless chipset as the N900, or will it have one that supports 802.11 n?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I'm not sure whether this has been addressed yet; but, will the Neo900 have the same wireless chipset as the N900, or will it have one that supports 802.11 ac?
i fix the question for you..u're welcome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!