Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
GG2 or GG3 is something that I really don't care about. N900 is not even glass and still holds pretty well. Also, I have hero which was among first droids and that one was dropped 536789 times, my wife keeps it together with keys and hwo knows what else in her purse and now 4 years later it's display is almost unscratched. GT-P100 is also unscratched.

Not having 720p is the only bummer for me HW wise. From the SW side........ depends how usable it will be without android apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Well the way I see it, if they're going to compromise so much on the display*, then they could at least not skimp on it's outermost layer.

*remains to be seen how bad it is, we don't know all the details yet

I2C, cool. Now it's time for them to announce their developer device program.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
WTF? It has always been possible to cross-compile, and to be honest, I can hardly think of any reason Scratchbox would be required...

Scratchbox (2) simplifies things. It does not complicate them.
Well OK, I have tried compiling the N9 PR1.3 with direct cross-compiling using the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc 4.6.3 just as I compile the Nemo kernel or ubiboot kernel. There's something that makes the compile fail (cannot remember now what was it, some missing dependency or library)
However as I could not do it otherways, I have kept a scratchbox environment that I use to build Harmattan kernels and derivatives.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I suspect there won't be any kind of Aegis-like thing. But I am not sure on whether all kernel modules will be open either.
Well kernel modules just have to be open as they are part of the kernel which is GPL as we all know.
If there are closed bits, they are in the userland or on fw blobs.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
If anybody interested my thoughts about Jolla, as much as i want them to succeed, in my opinion they make same mistakes Nokia did. Here is post on tumblr i wrote after some arguments few few people on twitter(apperanltly including Jolla co-founder) http://t.co/0Dns1KfZBL
Btw i think they have one shot and they need to release finished unit in all aspects(not half baked) or at least to explain and inform if it not finsihed then why, when, what support and what models are planned?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
If anybody interested my thoughts about Jolla, as much as i want them to succeed, in my opinion they make same mistakes Nokia did. Here is post on tumblr i wrote after some arguments few few people on twitter(apperanltly including Jolla co-founder) http://t.co/0Dns1KfZBL
Btw i think they have one shot and they need to release finished unit in all aspects(not half baked) or at least to explain and inform if it not finsihed then why, when, what support and what models are planned?
I actually read your piece on zogg.tumblr.com page from start to end which is to say I do find your writing at least mildly intresting.
However I still disagree with you about the importance of Android compability and HW specs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Reflects many of my concerns, you & I both have been vocal on Twitter, & copped LOTS of backlash from "believers" for it.
(including some seemingly anti-Semitic comments towards you... )

One of the threads, has to be just about the longest Twitter thread I've ever seen
https://twitter.com/JediTWang/status/381099179105206272

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-22 at 06:00.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
If 20.5.2013 is latest news where have you been?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
If 20.5.2013 is latest news where have you been?
Not behind a pc as u have been lol, just was curious about available colors, so put t he link here, not checked date, anyway thnx for u useless comment.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red