Active Topics

Notices

Installed QtIrreco on my Nokia n900 and it worked with my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 until I uploaded an update that came up for QtIrreco and it stopped working. Can you help? I have seen one other Nokia n900 user post a similar problem, but don't understand how to fix it. BTW, I can still control other devices, just not the Scientific Atlanta 8300 Explorer and only since the last software update was done.

Last edited by VinDeRoz; 2011-06-18 at 15:25.

I have a couple of questions concerning the use:
1. If I wanted to create my own remote, is that possible?
1a. If yes to 1...If I used the telnet option, could I create buttons using the command line?
2. Of the three basic ways to control, two use some ir transceiver. Since the N810 doesn't have ir capability, I'm confused how the two ir options would work?
3. When creating a layout of buttons and this exceeded the screen space, can additional pages be added. If so, is there a way to navigate from one page to another?

Is version 0.6.5.1 the latest for N810? Is Irreco the correct application for N810? Also does version 0.6.5.1 include the backends or do I need to install Mythtv and Telnet?

Last edited by williammanda; 2011-08-21 at 00:58.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I recently purchased an IguanaWorks USB IR transceiver ($45 to my door). If any of you are OpenWrt enthusiasts, I have it controlling a Time Warner DVR (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD) through my Linksys WRTSL54GS running a Kamikaze 7.09/2.6 variant. If and/or when I get irreco talking to the router's lircd I'll post some notes/debs/Makefiles/etc. This should be much friendlier than using irsend.

I recommend all hardware and software mentioned above.
I know its been a while since you wrote your post, but maybe your are still playing with Iguanair
Have you tried to compile the newest iguanair 1.0.5 for openwrt - attitude adjustment 12.09?

The Following User Says Thank You to jackoni For This Useful Post:
About IRRECO capabilities, I wonder if it is possible for N900 to control toy robots working on IR, like Robopet, Robosapien, etc.

For this purpose, N900 (with IRRECO) should work as an infrared transmitter/receiver with the robot. Therefore, it will be possible not only to give orders/commands to the robot, but also programming it via N900, allowing i.e. voice commands.

To this aim, there is a free, open source program hosted on SourceForge, called Robosapien dance machine or Robodance by which you can control your Robosapien/Robopet using just your voice. Currently this software uses the USB UIRT infrared transceiver to talk to the robot. It should be interesting to know if it can support other infrared devices, like N900.