Active Topics

my songs inside music app got its cover album art mixed up with one another...anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Last edited by soryuuha; 2013-02-01 at 16:50.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
can you check in settings if recommendations are enabled?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
can you check in settings if recommendations are enabled?
yeap..its turned on..should I turn it off?

two things;

- turn recommendations off to be on the safe side

- did you enable QuasarMX or any other music player to automatically download cover art? If you did then there isn't much you can do...

You may want to transfer your music to your PC and once music app doesn't detect it anymore then transfer them back in to allow tracker to re-index them...You can also check individual files using your PC on what album art is embedded in them...If they have the "wrong" cover embedded you are pretty much screwed and can put them in your PC, delete the embed cover and re-download covers in batches...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
two things;

- turn recommendations off to be on the safe side

- did you enable QuasarMX or any other music player to automatically download cover art? If you did then there isn't much you can do...

You may want to transfer your music to your PC and once music app doesn't detect it anymore then transfer them back in to allow tracker to re-index them...You can also check individual files using your PC on what album art is embedded in them...If they have the "wrong" cover embedded you are pretty much screwed and can put them in your PC, delete the embed cover and re-download covers in batches...
checked the songs via PC, the album art for the songs are correct.

[1] Alright, turned it off completely from now on.

[2] Nope, only use stock Music app till date.

fixed it by transfer to PC, let tracker update the music db, and put the songs back and tracker got the album art correct right now.

any other way to fix this issue other than re-transfer back into N9?

well if you want tracker to re-index it means resetting it which would make all your messages, call logs etc lost...so since you were having trouble only with the music collection a removal and insertion back to phone allows tracker to re-index without any other data being affected...

You can also check tracker logs in /home/user/.local/share/tracker/ on which one or few albums were causing tracker to get stuck...You can then only remove them and put them back in to solve the issue too...Those logs are useful

Lastly, just to ensure everything is in order check the contents of /home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs once...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Greetings,

I'm having an issue regarding this too. A few album covers are not displayed correctly for me and "tracker-control -r" fixes it fortunately.

Unfortunately, "tracker-control -r" also removes all my contacts and texts, so when I restore the last backup to regain the contacts and texts, it also restores the faulty tracker index.

I'm not quite sure how to get out of this evil loop and have both the album art fixed and my contacts and texts still there?

I would be thankful for any help for this linux terminal noob

Instead of reindexing everything, a better approach is to delete the cache of album covers in:
/home/user/.cache/media-art/

and then reindex music:
tracker-control --reindex-mime-type audio/mpeg

This has helped me multiple times.

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the suggestion

Unfortunately, it didn't work the first time and made things noticeably worse, but I realised why (most of my music collection are in m4a files and not mp3 files). So I will give it a second try shortly.