Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Thanks! (juice@alaspin) behind version - correct?
That's correct

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
HELP!
Installed Ubiboot but the 'idiot' (that's me) forgot to create the /boot and put in these before installing:
zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix
zImage.pr13
zImage (which by now, has been renamed to “zImage_e-yes_nitdroid+l2fix”, without the quotes)
zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301 (Optional)

Now the Ubiboot screen shows up can choose everything but after moment message turns up:
Boot OS/kernel selection failed!
Please run a maintanance boot

How to do that?

EDIT: maybe can handle it by the Paragon ExtFS for Windows which by USB gives access to all it seemes by windows explorer!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-11-22 at 14:19.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Vietnam
@Garp Try plug USB cable and power on N9, if it can run into maintanance mode you can copy kernel to Harmattan rootfs

The Following User Says Thank You to lbee For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
I use v0.3.5, try new Nemo with Wayland/Qt5 image from here
I can boot to Harmattan but cannot with Nemo, there're log files:
ubiboot.dmesg
ubiboot.log
ubiboot.conf

Anyone can help.
Thks.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
just flash back to any openmode kernel, boot up and fix it!

Help!
Ok now everything seems to be ok but can't boot:
Start= open up Ubiboot screen choose nothing or Harmattan 2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix, the N9 just close in black screen? To start need to push start button 6 second and then push one more to get started again.
Taking another OS ex. Nitdroid it comes with the message mentioned : Boot failed Please run a maintanance boot? (There is however no maintanance boot/mode avaiable?)

USB ok through Paragon I can mount all partitions:
N9 (MyDocs) 49,82GB FAT-32
Alt_OS 3,91GB ExtFS =Nemo
rootfs 4GB ExtFS =Harmattan
() 2GB ExtFS= Nitdroid

Device screen says:
Welcome to Ubiboot ver. 0.3.5 (Boot loadere is based on Moslo ver. 0.0.13.1)

Try 1 (0)
Partitons exported successifully via USB
Configured 192.168.2.15 on USB
Starting DHCP server, offering 192.168.2.100

Starting Telnet server
Starting SSH server
Attached Files
File Type: zip ubiboot.zip (5.8 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Garp; 2013-11-22 at 17:20.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Help!
Ok now everything seems to be ok but can't boot:
Start= open up Ubiboot screen choose nothing or Harmattan 2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix, the N9 just close in black screen? To start need to push start button 6 second and then push one more to get started again.
Taking another OS ex. Nitdroid it comes with the message mentioned : Boot failed Please run a maintanance boot? (There is however no maintanance boot/mode avaiable?)

USB ok through Paragon I can mount all partitions:
N9 (MyDocs) 49,82GB FAT-32
Alt_OS 3,91GB ExtFS =Nemo
rootfs 4GB ExtFS =Harmattan
() 2GB ExtFS= Nitdroid

Device screen says:
Welcome to Ubiboot ver. 0.3.5 (Boot loadere is based on Moslo ver. 0.0.13.1)

Try 1 (0)
Partitons exported successifully via USB
Configured 192.168.2.15 on USB
Starting DHCP server, offering 192.168.2.100

Starting Telnet server
Starting SSH server
From the log I can see that only kernel that is found is the zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix.

However, if even that does not boot, are you sure you have the preinit file correct? (for Harmattan it is /sbin/preinit_harmattan)
If preinit file is missing or does not have execute permission then the result is just as you described, black screen with nothing happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lbee View Post
Hi all,
I use v0.3.5, try new Nemo with Wayland/Qt5 image from here
I can boot to Harmattan but cannot with Nemo, there're log files:
ubiboot.dmesg
ubiboot.log
ubiboot.conf

Anyone can help.
Thks.
From the ubiboot.log I can see that your kernel vmlinuz-2.6.32.20130129.1-n950 is correctly loaded, so the failure to boot comes after that. Your ubiboot.conf looks OK to me also.

Usually there are 2 reasons that can cause the failure; either the init/preinit file is missing or has wrong permissions, or the modules of kernel are missing or incorrectly configured.

As you can boot to Harmattan, you can do that and mount your Nemo partition somewhere (for example mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt) and then check if you have some problem with either /mnt/sbin/init or /mnt/lib/modules/

Have you been able to boot to Nemo before?
If not, and if this is a new installation, it is possible that something went awry when you extracted the Nemo rootFS to ALT_OS partition. You can try to wipe it clean and extract again.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
From the log I can see that only kernel that is found is the zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix.

However, if even that does not boot, are you sure you have the preinit file correct? (for Harmattan it is /sbin/preinit_harmattan)
If preinit file is missing or does not have execute permission then the result is just as you described, black screen with nothing happening.
Thanks and you were right both Harmatta, Firefox and Nitdroid missing in /sbin/.
However it didn't help now it says Please run maintanance boot with openmode_I2fix?
How to see if execute permission without terminal?

Edit: Now worse "But menu script not found"
Attached Files
File Type: zip ubiboot.zip (7.3 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by Garp; 2013-11-23 at 00:49.

Thank juiceme, this is first time i try nemo, i ll check it later