Active Topics

This address is working for me, and at least the 3.5 flasher for windows, and deb and tar for linux downloads ok with Windows 7 and firefox. Don't know why it does not work for you.

Can you try different browser or machine?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
This address is working for me, and at least the 3.5 flasher for windows, and deb and tar for linux downloads ok with Windows 7 and firefox. Don't know why it does not work for you.

Can you try different browser or machine?
Yes, this link works. I have updated my post already to include it. All links *.php are broken.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Try it, I guess your problems were caused by BB-power and its removal. Just don't install BB-power before retrying
I flashed N900 with PR1.3, upgraded to 1.3.1.

Then I did the exactly the following
0) connected to WiFi
1) added extras-testing repository to the app manager
2) installed rootsh via app manager
3) opened the terminal and ran
sudo gainroot;
apt-get install wget;
apt-get install kernel-power;
dpkg -i dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb

Using the files attached to the very first post.
cp libgstdsp.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so
apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-openmax

Rebooted. The device does not boot, exactly as before.

I observed that when I ran apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-openmax the package mp-fremantle-generic-pr was removed as well.

apt-get install kernel-power
apt-get install kernel-power-modules
apt-get install kernel-power-flasher
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg *(this is for u-boot)
apt-get install kernel-power-settings

send to maemo devs a beer

for cssu :
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr

asuming you have all catalogs enabled and you don't ask-me about them(what are and etc...)
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-12-12 at 14:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Great! I can watch 720p videos now.

Google video/audio calls still do not work

NixOS & Compiz @ Toshiba R600
NixOS // Puppy @ IBM x31
N810 --> N9 --> N8 --> N900
Alcatel OT735 is still with me!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by markai View Post
Google video/audio calls still do not work
Are you sure your IP does not filter VOIP/video calls? My sister lived in London a couple of years ago and the IP she was using was filtering Skype voice/video calls. We had to make an encrypted P2P tunnel in order to see each-other . I guess it is the same for google audio/video.

Anyway, google video was working fine the last time I checked, so I don't think it is related to 720p

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Are you sure your IP does not filter VOIP/video calls? My sister lived in London a couple of years ago and the IP she was using was filtering Skype voice/video calls. We had to make an encrypted P2P tunnel in order to see each-other . I guess it is the same for google audio/video.

Anyway, google video was working fine the last time I checked, so I don't think it is related to 720p
My laptop and my n900 are connected to the same AP point. I would be surprised to learn there is video calls filtering for n900 but not for the laptop.

When was the last time it worked for you? I have found some recent (2013) complains around the forum, but everyone seems to ignore all of them.

NixOS // Puppy @ IBM x31

My laptop and my n900 are connected to the same AP point. I would be surprised to learn there is video calls filtering for n900 but not for the laptop.

When was the last time it worked for you? I have found some recent (2013) complains around the forum, but everyone seems to ignore all of them.
I've just tried it and the video call was established, though there was no video but audio only. I guess that was because of network issues, but will make more tries

EDIT:

the call was n900 <-> n900

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

I've just tried it and the video call was established, though there was no video but audio only. I guess that was because of network issues, but will make more tries

EDIT:

the call was n900 <-> n900
I can make video calls on n900 via skype. n900 <-> iPod works fairly well and n900 <-> android tablet works poor, but still works. So this suggests this not IP problem.

Are you using the native n900 client or pidgin/something else?

NixOS // Puppy @ IBM x31

I can make video calls on n900 via skype. n900 <-> iPod works fairly well and n900 <-> android tablet works poor, but still works. So this suggests this not IP problem.

Are you using the native n900 client or pidgin/something else?
Native client. BTW a couple of days ago I retried gtalk video call, both devices were connected to the same router. And it was ok, both video and audio. One of the devices was with stock DSP codecs, the other with Harmattan codecs (720p)

Community SSU developer

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player