Active Topics

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
What headphones are you using?
Sorry for late reply!
I'm using some Koss in-ear earbuds with inbuilt volume controls. Don't remember the exact model, but I bought it maybe 1.5-2 years ago and it cost something between 17,90€ - 21,90€... Probably all the other similar (and newer) models work too if mine does.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
today i decided to buy a nexus five, I was sober, and it was in the logic that sailfish will be ported to the nexus five, but realistically after a few drinks, I don't think it would bring me the same joy as a Jolla phone would.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Here are my impressions after the first day with the Jolla. The OS is very intuitive and as smooth as butter. Having had an Android device for the last two years, it took me only a couple of minutes to get used to it...

While reading some of the previous posts here, I got the impression the software was half-baked and too "beta" to be released. My feeling so far is rather different -- sure, I've come across a couple of bugs, but they are really not that serious, especially given the workarounds the community has already come up with. I don't mind having to type a couple of commands in the terminal to get something to work... and I'm pretty sure most of those will be ironed out in the coming months.

And, yes, I already managed to drop it a couple of minutes back. No traces, but what I can notice is that the volume button is a bit loose -- I can hear it even when I shake the phone very gently. Now, I don't know if that was the original state. Others?

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase. Now I'm eagerly waiting for TOHs to get off the ground -- a QWERTY TOH would make this phone absolutely amazing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
And, yes, I already managed to drop it a couple of minutes back. No traces, but what I can notice is that the volume button is a bit loose -- I can hear it even when I shake the phone very gently. Now, I don't know if that was the original state. Others?
That's the normal state of that Button, you're in luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
To reply about
Yes, the Video with the tech guy reviewing a phone is running in the Jolla browser >
Since I have no flash installed on the Jolla I suspect it is the HTML5 at work.
The other video plays in the Android application StoryPod but it is perfectly possible and more impressive two real browsers at work next to each other edit: [url]http://vimeo.com/82504404[/url
It's weird that Storypod is Android, because I installed it from Jolla store and I thought we had only native apps in there. Otherwise people could also publish a gazillion Android apps in Jolla store, right?
Vimeo:
Jolla browser -> warning: tech out of date video may not play properly, continue: yes -> black screen
Firefox browser-> Video plays in some separate browser screen opening, turns to portret as well as landscape (however the virtual Android buttons remain taking part of screen on the right.
Dailymotion
Jolla browser-> plays in full desktop site
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site
Youtube:
Jolla browser-> plays in mobile site - don't know how to go to desktop stie
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site
So that must mean Vimeo has faulty HTML5 implementation, right?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
I can personally live without the LPM (although it's hard), but what I really miss is folders in the icons view. I had many applications installed in my N9 but it wasn't messy because I used folders. With the Jolla I can't and that's really irritating. Only if you have more than one page of applications it starts to look messy. I really hope they'll add support for folders later on...
+1

I was also used to have sorted my installed apps in folders (like Navigation folder with all GPS related apps, Games folder with games, Office folder with useful apps for work, Media folder with apps for pictures, videos, music and so on). Now, even with just a few apps installed on my Jolla the icons screen looks quite messy and I can't imagine searching for the right icon on several pages with few dozens of installed applications. So, I'm also hoping to have the possibility of sorting icons to folders as the number of usable apps on store grows.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Here are my impressions after the first day with the Jolla.(...)
Rentze words are my words. Even the fall! (Ouch!)

The Following User Says Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Here are my impressions after the first day with the Jolla. The OS is very intuitive and as smooth as butter. Having had an Android device for the last two years, it took me only a couple of minutes to get used to it...

While reading some of the previous posts here, I got the impression the software was half-baked and too "beta" to be released. My feeling so far is rather different -- sure, I've come across a couple of bugs, but they are really not that serious, especially given the workarounds the community has already come up with. I don't mind having to type a couple of commands in the terminal to get something to work... and I'm pretty sure most of those will be ironed out in the coming months.

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase. Now I'm eagerly waiting for TOHs to get off the ground -- a QWERTY TOH would make this phone absolutely amazing.
My impressions after a day are very similar to yours. I can only add one thing, this "half-baked" Jolla is with n900 easily the best "phone" i ever laid my hands on.. And things can only get better. Well done Jolla!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Happened few times now, that when someone calls me the phone/people app crashes and I can't answer or see who is calling although phone is ringing. Afterwards calling back is impossible without a reboot.

Also the screen started to go to sleep after 5-6 seconds for some reason for a while, this was also fixed by a reboot.

Those are the two bugs that have bugged me the most, otherwise quite smooth sailing and no bigger complaints. The few android apps that I use work great, and the UI starts to feel more natural by the day. Just bring on the UI updates and fixes and I'll be happy for one.

The Following User Says Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by torcida View Post
I hope someone can help...

I don't see such an option, even after copying my .vcf files on my Jolla.
This method with a linux machine :

- Export all you contacts y vcard, V3.0
- Copy to you Linux machine
- Execute the bash (see at bottom)
- Copy the file generated at ~/Contacts.cvf by blutooth or by scp to your Jolla
- Open the Configuration tool -> start contacts -> import from file

- This worked for me, import all my contacts in few seconds.
- Can be, you can execute this code in the N900

The bash code :

#!/bin/bash

TARGET="$HOME/Contacts.vcf"
rm $TARGET

FILES=`ls -1|grep -e "vcf$"`

SAVEDIFS=$IFS
IFS=`printf "\n\b"`

for FILE in ${FILES}; do
echo "Processing file ${FILE}"
cat ${FILE} >> ${TARGET}
printf "\r\n" >> ${TARGET}