Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
/\ result link not working
redundant http:// Fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I like the fact that Palm receiver has four magnets that hold phone attached to the tilted charger pad. Whole assembly looks good on the table.

Only issue is, that Palm receiver electronics are quite thick - TOH closes properly to Jolla, however due to the thickness of the electronics, TOH back side is not flat anymore - it is bit curved like the N9 was.

Are the other receivers also as thick?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
TOH back side is not flat anymore - it is bit curved like the N9 was.
Yeah, my Jolla TOH is little pregnant now ..

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Porvoo, Suomi
This with qwerty would be so good.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ France
Hello,

I'am wondering how to adjust correclty the connectors of charger pad to be in contact with pins in back of jolla phone ?

Originally Posted by xillibit View Post
Hello,

I'am wondering how to adjust correclty the connectors of charger pad to be in contact with pins in back of jolla phone ?
i think everyone just solders thin wires to the area where the pins would touch.

Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
i think everyone just solders thin wires to the area where the pins would touch.
I am sure you didn't mean it like interpreted below but just in case to avoid any misunderstanding and possible damage:

We don't solder anything to the phone.
You just have to have some mean to establish a contact to the "springy pins" of the phone body.
This usually means that you put something in the other half that, when the other half is put on the phone, has contact to the mentioned pins.

I, e.g., used some "pads" I soldered myself and which I then put in the proper place of the other half and fixated it with hot glue.
Other people use flat copper cables etc.
But, don't solder anything directly to your phone nor the springy pins.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
My version of the wireless charging TOH:

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Received my charging pad today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141108738698...84.m1497.l2649

Realized that phone needs to be positioned pretty accurately to get full ~500ma charging, so i decided to make it wall mounted, with a pocket where i can just drop my Jolla.

Blue thing is soap holder, which i found from local junk shop for 1€. Jolla fits in it perfectly

It's a bit fat, but does the thing and actually looks pretty cool when it's on the wall.

Last edited by JjyKs; 2014-02-04 at 22:01.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JjyKs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
I am sure you didn't mean it like interpreted below but just in case to avoid any misunderstanding and possible damage:

We don't solder anything to the phone.
You just have to have some mean to establish a contact to the "springy pins" of the phone body.
This usually means that you put something in the other half that, when the other half is put on the phone, has contact to the mentioned pins.

I, e.g., used some "pads" I soldered myself and which I then put in the proper place of the other half and fixated it with hot glue.
Other people use flat copper cables etc.
But, don't solder anything directly to your phone nor the springy pins.
yeah my bad. i didn't mean for it to sound like that. it's a good thing you clarified for everyone.