Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by luke_dirtwalker View Post
Even if I don't use your app (looks very nice btw) so far I give a vote.

I vote for UI2.

I think the top picture is the Cover and therefore the information directly there matches more I guess. Furthermore UI2 seems "lighter" whereas UI1 seems a bit filled.
Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it.

New UI 1 or New UI 2???

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-02-14 at 10:00.

UI2 looks to be easier to use with one hand as all the controls seems to be reachable by the thumb.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to access For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by access View Post
UI2 looks to be easier to use with one hand as all the controls seems to be reachable by the thumb.
yeah, thats true ! UI2 is better to handle

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
Vote for UI2 plus the following change: switch the location of the volume and the seek bar.
Having the seek bar in the middle of the screen makes it easier to reach (and I personally use it more frequently than the volume bar). It also makes more sense to me, to have it next to the basic controls and the song info.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N9uwu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
Vote for UI2 plus the following change: switch the location of the volume and the seek bar.
Having the seek bar in the middle of the screen makes it easier to reach (and I personally use it more frequently than the volume bar). It also makes more sense to me, to have it next to the basic controls and the song info.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestion

I did that before and it didn't work well because when you try to swipe left to access Media browser page you would move the seekbar, but I do know what you mean.
And I am looking to get that moved to more accessible position.

The more feedback I get the better I can adjust the UI. I also plan to make an option for choose from 3 layouts in the settings page. So users could choose what layout they would like.

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-02-14 at 12:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
UI2 defnately

Originally Posted by WanEcc View Post
Had a play around with it this morning, connection worked perfectly, signals for play and pause worked as if thee music was on the phone itself!
I fear you have made me more inclined to go back to bed in the morning for my comfy headphones music hit!
Thats exactly what I've done this morning, but then I noticed an issue browsing Folders including Ä/Ö/Ü in their names (german kezboards....), they seem to have no content and no /.. to go back either. So i had to go to home directory by using pully Menu.
I tried that with several letters from other european alphabets that came in my mind with same problem.

However, thank you for giving us this great app, i renamed my folders for now, and wanted to mention this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to JuwelenJupp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
@mariusmssj Ui2

Originally Posted by JuwelenJupp View Post
Thats exactly what I've done this morning, but then I noticed an issue browsing Folders including Ä/Ö/Ü in their names (german kezboards....), they seem to have no content and no /.. to go back either. So i had to go to home directory by using pully Menu.
I tried that with several letters from other european alphabets that came in my mind with same problem.

However, thank you for giving us this great app, i renamed my folders for now, and wanted to mention this bug.
Thanks for the feedback I will look into this

Proud to announce VLC Remote 1.0.0 stable full release
Change-log

*UI improvements(using new Jolla Common Pitfalls in Sailfish Application Development guide )
- Lists for file browser and play-list have been improved
-- Highlight clearly visible, improved consistent spacing, long item name fadeout
- Tex-field enter key icons and behaviour improved
- Increased font size of File-name, Artist and Album labels
- Other minor UI tweaks
- Moved the control components to be closer to the thumb for easier access

* Bug fixes
- Fixed playback rate going out of sync
-- Changed rate from 200ms to 100ms

* New features
- Added the ability to display album/file art as a top banner
- Added Parent, Home and Set as Home controls in Media browser
-- Parent button goes up in directory level, Home goes to a users set location
-- Set as home allows user to pick a home directory for quick access
-- When user picks home folder it will be the default folder to go to when opening media browser
- Added Empty Play-list pulley menu option on the play-list page

>>>Download link here 1.0.0<<<
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post: