Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I don't see a qwerty spanish variant, a language with 470 millions of native speakers.
Wait, Jolla is that popular that 470 millions of Spanish people are using Jolla and all want this TOHKBD?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Wait, Jolla is that popular that 470 millions of Spanish people are using Jolla and all want this TOHKBD?
Sadly for latinamericans no. By the moment, only in Spain could buy Jolla, so we are not so much...yet.

We only need these symbols added: Opening question and exclamation marks "¿", "¡", the acute (for making áéíóú), the umlaut (for making "ü") that I see azerty keyboard has in the "+" key and the ñ (that usually is on the key on the right of "L"). And I see there are space for adding it in some keys.

That's a total of 5 symbols. ¿Couldn't be done a qwerty valid for spanish and english? Symbol order in number's line usually changes in spanish keyboards, but that is not as important, and morover, lot of people consider english order for symbols is better.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I just sawn there is another two symbols in spanish keyboards, but they are not as important: "º" and "ª", wich are the equivalent to english "st"(first) for masculine and feminine respectively (and for second, third, fourth... in spanish the symbol are always these). And Catalonians use "ç" and "Ç", that's another letter for an smaller group, but could be great to have (altought I am not catalonian and don't use that symbol).

So well, there are 8 symbols to add if possible. Or 7 for complete spanish. Or 5 would be enought.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
So well, there are 8 symbols to add if possible. Or 7 for complete spanish. Or 5 would be enought.
Thanks for all your input, but I cannot do anything with this!

Please use THIS THREAD for all you keyboard layout problems and:
- do research
- come up with a solution
- make sure it is well funded
- provide pictures/layouts/whatever

I do not have the time nor the energy to solve your puzzle.

Alternatively - mentioned lots of times:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
if the demand is high enough everything is possible, but we can not please everyone.
we will however share all files to adjust your keyboard to your liking in your local laser-engraving shop, that will give the same finish.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
dirkvl: Maybe its been mentioned in the thread, but its 36 pages now so its easier to simply ask (at least its not on post #1).
How many units do you aim for? Do you think you will do several batches?

I am more than interested, but I'm wondering how quick one has to be in order to get one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
@malkavian: But the problem is that everyone uses different languages even on English adapted keyboards. For example, I use Dutch, English and German as my 3 main languages. So I should ask for a English variant that has German on it as well (considering that German is more used than Dutch throughout the world)?

You can't please everyone, so my opinion is that it's best to now focus on what can be done for an initial batch to please the most people. There are very Spanish speaking Jolla users atm so English, German and French are IMHO more important since Jolla is available in more countries where those languages are spoken (or close variants thereof).

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Shut up Dirkvl. A truck full of my money is parked in front of your door.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd