Active Topics

Notices

After some days of use i must say "works like a charm". No problems so far it just works .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Here's what I use my 8 slots with:
- Compass (hopefully to be replaced by a map program at some point..): no JS side
- Multi Timer : no JS side
- Twebble: working flawlessly except posting tweets, which doesn't seem to work. Not that I would never like to do that either way since keyboard is just painful. Also viewing my own profile is broken but it seems broken under Android too. In fact, I can't post tweets from Android either...
- Weather: flawlessly
- Authenticator: didn't try the JS side very much, but it seems like it's just configuration UI, and the actual logic is done on the watch. Good.
- Misfit: no JS side, but I don't understand where this application gets its data from. It measures "deep sleep" even when the Pebble is turned off.
- Yelp: working flawlessly. I had to patch the JS side a bit because the original was insane regarding timeouts (e.g. "get me a fresh GPS fix in 2 seconds, stat! and if you try to be sneaky and send me a cached GPS position that is just 1 femtosecond old I WILL notice it and DIE HORRIBLY!!"). I suppose Android plainly ignores those timeouts.
- Evernote: the JS side takes a whopping 10 seconds to load on my Jolla (taxing QJSEngine, I guess), creating a very noticeable delay. I sometimes get "undefined" when trying to browse my notebooks, however no JavaScript exceptions actually fire. The word "undefined" comes from the Evernote servers.... and in fact I get the same behavior on Android too, just less frequently. Those guys ship a XML parser written in JS, so...

Note I haven't tried any actual "fully javascript" app (e.g. cloudpebble) yet, so if you've been able to run one, I would be interested in hearing reports.

By the way the next firmware upgrade brings multi-language support to the table. However changing languages on the watch seems virtually the same as uploading a new firmware.
I'm not sure how "safe" is Pebble's recovery mode, so will probably not experiment with firmware loading.

Last edited by javispedro; 2014-12-11 at 00:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I'm not sure how "safe" is Pebble's recovery mode, so will probably not experiment with firmware loading.
Can you elaborate what you mean by above?

Couple of weeks ago I had a horrible experience, when Pebble clock and Android app were stuck in the middle of firmware update. Nothing seemed to work, but after pressing clock buttons in panic the clock seemed to go into recovery, which also was not helping. Only after fiddling with recovery and new pairing of bt things started miraculously work again; fw was loaded along with all clock apps. Phew...

Does this app still works now? I have Pebble & recently update the firmware to 2.8.1, but it just connect for few sec after paring. nothing works after that... if any one pebble still works, pls do tell me what version your pebble

What version of SailfishOs are you running? U10, then you need to download the version from github and not from openrepos.

Originally Posted by shinchim0 View Post
Does this app still works now? I have Pebble & recently update the firmware to 2.8.1, but it just connect for few sec after paring. nothing works after that... if any one pebble still works, pls do tell me what version your pebble
Bought pebble steel a week or so ago, it also does not pair. Shows pairing on jolla and clock, but then clock disconnects.

U10on Jolla?

Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
U10on Jolla?
1.1.0.39 Uitukka here

Then you need to install the version on github. Otherwise it won't work. Or the version of javispedro this works, too.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I added a note on OpenRepos info page.

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled